Service personel

20 Posts | Latest reply on 26/12/2008 15:23:06 by Karey | Go to original / last post
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Last month we had Rememberance day.   With Christmas coming Save a thought for the Guys and Gals that will be away from their friends and familes serving Queen and Country.                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

In: Newtown
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Well said geez, nice sentimentApprove                                                                                                                                                                             
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

In: Ely. Cambs
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Thumbs Up

Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Yeh...well said Mick..   Lets hope they all come home safe and sound.                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

Might I also add those who will be working on Christmas day protecting you.. police fire and ambulance as well as all the hospital staff.   My Dad was a bike copper for 30 years and only missed about 4 Christmas's with his family. This was thanks to all the other officers without families who swapped shifts. This happens with all the emergency services and hospital staff. The favor is re-payed. So when your out on the bikes or cars during Christmas or any public holiday and you see one of the emergency services give them a nod. they have probably swapped shift with a family guy or gal.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

Ditto..Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

I am out supporting the Ambulance service christmass eve day and new years eve. that should be fun. an ambulance is not a taxi                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

Many moons ago, i used to work at the Royal Sussex..Brighton, as an A+E porter....i swapped the xmas/new year shifts for colleagues with families etc.. for the same reasons as PP mentioned earlier.  Sooooooo know how busy you're gonna be geez!..good on yer  Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

My son, is a service man and won't be home when Christmas day falls Cry He has just been at sea for 3 months and is only being granted ONE weeks leave, BEFORE Christmas.   In these modern times of broken families it would be nice if the government realised that involves more travelling time to see family who could be living at different ends of the country, or even abroad. A week isn't much time to try to visit parents and other rellies and friends civvy side.                                                                                                                                                                               
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

I'll be working xmas eve, xmas day, boxing day, new years eve and new years day....I have no life Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

I'm supposed to be working all xmas and new year too, but being alone in another country I've decided to take vacation and go back to the UK to see all my family (Had to work last year and spend xmas on my own - not nice).   Lucky for me that xmas isn't a big thing here, they have "Sinta Klaas" at the beginning of Dec (Was yesterday, 5th) where they do all the gift swapping etc.                                                                                                                                                                             
fxral's Profile
fxral

In: Derby

Error - duplicated. Bloody computers eh? Sorry playmates!                                                                                                                                                                             
fxral's Profile
fxral

In: Derby

Not gift swappin Matt - SHIFT swappin` . Do try and keep up old boy! Big smile Back to main topic - yeah I agree, we owe a huge debt to the lads n lasses of all our services whether armed or public. My own lad`s just turned down a place in the Lilywhites cos he wants Marines. Worryin` times. I`ll be thinkin of `em and appreciate the topic bein` raised. Ta Micksaway.
Scary's Profile
Scary

In: Somerset

My better half hopefully will have the xmas off, but he will be on call, sadly its the busiest time of year for the murder squad.   The lads from 40 commando have just left Taunton to go over to Afganistan so my thoughts are with them and their families too.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Suicide's right up there too :o(   So spare yet another thought for those volunteering for organisations like the Samaritans... and hope you never feel desperate enough to feel the need to contact them... at Xmas or any other time of year come to that...                                                                                                                                                                                 
Karey's Profile
Karey

Well said.                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

T'WAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS,HE LIVED ALL ALONE, IN A ONE BEDROOM HOUSE, MADE OF PLASTER AND STONE.  I HAD COME DOWN THE CHIMNEY, WITH PRESENTS TO GIVE,AND TO SEE JUST WHO, IN THIS HOME, DID LIVE. I LOOKED ALL ABOUT, A STRANGE SIGHT I DID SEE,NO TINSEL, NO PRESENTS, NOT EVEN A TREE. NO STOCKING BY MANTLE, JUST BOOTS FILLED WITH SAND,ON THE WALL HUNG PICTURES, OF FAR DISTANT LANDS. WITH MEDALS AND BADGES, AWARDS OF ALL KINDS,A SOBER THOUGHT, CAME THROUGH MY MIND. FOR THIS HOUSE WAS DIFFERENT, IT WAS DARK AND DREARY,I FOUND THE HOME OF A SOLDIER, ONCE I COULD SEE CLEARLY. THE SOLDIER LAY SLEEPING, SILENT, ALONE,CURLED UP ON THE FLOOR, IN THIS ONE BEDROOM HOME. THE FACE WAS SO GENTLE, THE ROOM IN  DISORDER,NOT HOW I PICTURED,AN AUSTRALIAN SOLDIER. WAS THIS THE HERO,   OF WHOM I'D JUST READ? CURLED UP ON A PONCHO,  THE FLOOR FOR A BED?  I REALISED THE FAMILIES, THAT I SAW THIS NIGHT,OWED THEIR LIVES TO THESE SOLDIERS,WHO WERE WILLING TO FIGHT.  SOON ROUND THE WORLD, THE CHILDREN WOULD PLAY,AND GROWNUPS WOULD CELEBRATE, A BRIGHT CHRISTMAS DAY.  THEY ALL ENJOYED FREEDOM, EACH MONTH OF THE YEAR,BECAUSE OF THE SOLDIERS, LIKE THE ONE LYING HERE.  I COULDN'T HELP WONDER, HOW MANY LAY ALONE,ON A COLD CHRISTMAS EVE, IN A LAND FAR FROM HOME.  THE VERY THOUGHT BROUGHT, A TEAR TO MY EYE,I DROPPED TO MY KNEES, AND STARTED TO CRY.  THE SOLDIER AWAKENED, AND I HEARD A ROUGH VOICE,"SANTA DON'T CRY, THIS LIFE IS MY CHOICE;  I FIGHT FOR FREEDOM, I DON'T ASK FOR MORE,MY LIFE IS MY GOD, MY COUNTRY, MY CORPS."  THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER, AND DRIFTED TO SLEEP,I COULDN'T CONTROL IT, I CONTINUED TO WEEP.  I KEPT WATCH FOR HOURS, SO SILENT AND STILL,AND WE BOTH SHIVERED, FROM THE COLD NIGHT'S CHILL.  I DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE, ON THAT COLD, DARK, NIGHT,THIS GUARDIAN OF HONOR, SO WILLING TO FIGHT.  THEN THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER, WITH A VOICE SOFT AND PURE, WHISPERED, "CARRY ON SANTA, IT'S CHRISTMAS DAY, ALL IS SECURE."  ONE LOOK AT MY WATCH,  AND I KNEW HE WAS RIGHT. "MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIEND, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT."                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Good one Mick                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8281 seconds. There are 621 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption