Helmet Hair

96 Posts | Latest reply on 28/11/2008 01:21:13 by micksaway | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

how do you other biking ladies cope with helmet hair, set off with your hair looking not bad only to arrive at our destinations with wild looking hair!!! wot happens to our hair en-route!!!is it some thing we just gotta live with??                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

Interesting question!   I've seen ladies in Squires and at Matlock Bath with very respectable hair but mine always ends up looking like a birds nest. I tend to try and plait it which keeps it under control but the top and my fringe end up a flattened, crimpled mess.   If I leave it down or even in a ponytail the wind whips it into a mass of knots.   I'll be interested in any tips to prevent helmet hair.                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

lol Kilmarney... its my worst nightmare!   I have naturally curly hair ..but straighten it .. so the slightest bit of moisture and its like something outta a horror movie.. .. bit like Medusa lol   On my CBT.. i musta been sweating like a reet un..cos when i took my helmet off, my hair was plastered to my head ..!!   At least if you've got nice straight hair, it kinda stays in place... lol   I just give up..the ppl ive ridden wiv have just come to accept me as i am lol   Good Luck                                                                                                                                                                               
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

Best tip I have is to tie it back and put the ponytail inside your leather jacket, tho I love leaving it to fly in the wind, nothing looks sexier for me Thumbs Up   I also tie it back with several elastics going all the way down the length of it - better for me cos if I plait it, its that thick it just falls out.   As for flat hair syndrome, guess Im lucky because i like it flat, and if it rains it gets a really nice light 'bohemian wave' in it, very now apparently, well thats what my hairdresser said Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

well at least im not the only one 'with dragged through the bush backward appearance!'                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

In: Newtown
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Sooooo glad this topic is FINALLY being aired....will be reading it avidly for any sound advice i can use personally...Approve                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

there are a couple of tips i can give you ladies.   If you have long hair, i can highly recommend a hairglove. Just google them, the uk supplier is speedy.com   Straighten you hair, as it will tangle less and gets less wispy when you take your lid off, to prevent frizz, use a good frizz product, but only a serum, see later on for why   Plait your hair, it prevent tangles and damage, or use a series of hairbands down the length to prevent it tangling.   For all hair lengths, do not use styling products, they melt with the extra warmth under your helmet and take on the shape of the lining.  If your hair is getting to the point where it almost needs a wash, wash it, because otherwise the warmth will make it look like you have dipped your head in a chip pan.   Cant think of anything else right now                                                                                                                                                                               
Karey's Profile
Karey

lol @ Arf..... do u have the odd stray hair that causes u a nuisance then?? LOL   Ooooh Nutkins.... yr soooo lucky .. i wud love long thick hair.. i can get mine in a pony tail..but its the top and fringe that just looks stupid  lol                                                                                                                                                                               
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

I don't see the problem, I wash my hair twice a day, every day and never have a problem with helmet hair!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

Yeah i do as a matter of fact Kaz.....trouble is these days, there either coming out of me ears or flippin nose!! pmsl!!:o)                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

pmsl @ Arf !!  u cud allas do a comb up n over  ;o) heheh   Geoff...i think u and Arf cud do wiv a bit of Mr Sheen to sort out yr *Ahem* wild helmet hair .. (note thats hair as in the singular) hehehehe                                                                                                                                                                              
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

Ta for advice Kaz...i find plattin said hairs, or loadsa elastic bands works well enough for now though!Pinch                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

FLIP-FRONT helmet,s what you need Arf just let the whiskers blow in the wind                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

lol @ kaz's idea of a comb over, got a vision of Arf's nasal hair, combed over to the left, and little plaits coming out his ears LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

Oooooh ...you been peeking Nutkin??!!...Embarrassed   Trouble is old red, if i went with the lettin them blow in the wind option, i wouldn't be able to see f**k all!!LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

Karey, are you suggesting that Arf and I should polish our heads?????  Sorry, bit close to the bone ... ha, done it again!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

Would imagine you feel just as sad as i do, for these poor unfortunates with their helmets, full heads of hair etc etc.... Geoff!                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

God only made a few perfect heads ...... the rest he put hair on!                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

Ooooooh...i'm liking that!...get the feeling there will be some slight differences of opinions to follow though geez!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

My hair is very short, thick and spikey, so what ever i do to it , it ends up looking like a lavatory brush. when I take my helmet off my hair springs to life like billy wizz! :-), chortle. When I was young tho, my hair was very long, and I wud wind it on top of my head,put my helmet on and then at my destination i'd take my helmet off and my hair would just fall in waves, oh the beauty of youth :-), sigh

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7813 seconds. There are 1593 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption