2WD Hybrid Dirt Bike

8 Posts | Latest reply on 29/11/2008 18:20:49 by jehammer | Go to original / last post
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

www. gizmag. com/ktm-2wd-hybrid-dirt-bike/10348/   I know the concept of mechanical/hydraulic all wheel drive systems for motorbikes have been about for a while (since the 70's?) but this is a little bit different. Later versions of my car (Nissan Cube) have small electric motors on the rear wheels which kick in when needed, turning it into 4wd and I was wondering if the same could be done for a bike and lo & behold KTM are well under way with the concept.   Wonder if they could incorporate the KERS system too?   p.s. on that same page, check out the BMW Lo-Rider!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

Try the original http://www.rokon.com/products/trailbrkr.htm If you put if enough wind in the tyres apparently the bu**ers float, cant help thinking that inflated tyres plus big lumberjack means it floats upside down though.                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

Cheers for that prof! With those tyres, I would be tempted to swap the engine out for something more powerful and try to blast across a lake like the Icelandic Hillclimb jeeps....                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

manly talk TC very erotic!!                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

he heh, you old dog, TM!!   Maybe I should try it more often instead of my usual topics of puppy wuppies and doylie designs....                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

Sigh....I just can't find the enthusiasm for a witty reply......                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

log on to younger babes an you'll be fine again in 3minutes!                                                                                                                                                                             
jehammer's Profile
jehammer

In: England

bmw have already built a hill climber with the latest 800cc motor and the front wheel is hydrolically driven for more traction up hill.

http://www.gizmag.com/bmw-2wd/9619/                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3911 seconds. There are 420 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption