My Next Bike!

74 Posts | Latest reply on 13/12/2008 22:58:18 by micksaway | Go to original / last post
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Noticed in this week's MCN that Honda have announced the production of my next bike!  (Although to be fair it doesn't actually refer to me.)   A V4 cross between the current VFR and the Blackbird!  Sounds very interesting if like me, you are thinking of what to get next from the Honda (probably) marquee.   I don't want a Blade 'cos it's a little too single minded for me, plus I'd loose my license.   I don't want a Blackbird as it's no smaller really than my CB1300 and I miss the handling of my VTR and VFRs sometimes, plus I'd loose my license.   And I don't really fancy another VFR as I've already had two and would like something with a little more poke .... although I probably wouldn't loose my license.   The new bike should be in the shops within three years, which should be good timing.   Was wondering however, if anyone else is thinking of changing, what are you considering and why?                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
72% Karma72% Karma 72% Karma72% Karma

There are times when I think the BMW is just too heavy and Germanic, yet if you look at what I want from a bike - physically large, comfortable, not too bothered about top speeds, a BM fits the bill.
Hankering after an FJ12 that's for sale locally, there's a Trophy 900 going that I know of - maybe I'm getting a bit bored with BMs.
Meanwhile i'm lining up a Divvi 600 as a doer-upper and winter hack. watch this space.

ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

In: Reading

I'm looking at adding a 700 Deauville to my garage. It ticks all the boxes and will be great if I end up having to commute. I thought about the FJR1300, but it's just too big and bulky for what I need. Someday, I'll look at getting a Rocket III                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

can we rename this topic `post your letters to santa here`            dear santa,                      I`ve been a really good girl this year( not out of choice) so please can i have a brand new shinny street triple-r to play with, dont worry if you cant get it down the chimney,outside the front door will be fine.                                         from Julie-j aged 45 and a half x                                                                                                                                                                             
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Hey Santa forget all these greedy buggers on here wanting big dear bikes, if you get me what I want it would leave you enough to satisfy others to, can you let me have a Honda CBF600 don't even mind what colour. Just think it will up my street cred from being a cruising crock and help me stop getting only contacted by big hairy greasy bikers.
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Dear Santa, I'm very happy with my bike, but if you could provide me with some bar risers, and a double bubble screen(black preferably) i'd be eternally grateful. Oh and if yr feeling flush, new back brake pads and some matching mirrors, oh and a straight brake lever. Ta very muchly DC(aged 34, and 49 weeks) Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

I cant say there are many bike that take my fancy. all the new bikes look like they were designed by a 5 year old with an etch o sketch. The one i might want is the CB1100R retro sport concept bike if it ever gets into production. Star                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

In: Newtown
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Dear Santa....   Please can i have a brand new Triumph Speed Triple for xmas, in black, and with all the extras available, ie belly pan, carbon fibre everthing, uprated cans etc... know you get my drift, you are Father Christmas after all.   Now i realise how busy you're gonna be, delivering all the lovely boys n gals new rides, here on BM, so being the mega patient, and considerate geez that i am, i'm prepared to wait for my new baby till boxing day.   Its ok, no thanks necessary, just don't let me down.      ARFUR (43yrs+9+a bit months)  oh yeah, thanksCool                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Speed Tripple R mmm a mate of mines got one of them but it's tricked out with 8 pot calipers to hold back the 1148cc factory race tuned lump he's had slotted in it lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

Sounds like you've got a good mate there HR, if/when he ever lets you take it out for a blat, i'd love to know what you think of it geezThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

ps santa, if it helps, cos i know that crimbo is pricey, when you bring my street triple you can stick my cbf on the sleigh and wizz it down to cruiser gal, i know that she wants a 600 and mines only a 500 but its got a really nice big givi and she could get all of her knitting in and if she needed to pick up some groceries on the way back the way back from bingo it would be ideal.                          from julie j 45 1/2                                                                                                                                                                             
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

wow sounds good to me julie would I fit my full english breki full house bingo win in the givi to.                                                                                                                                                                                 
zx10gaz's Profile
zx10gaz

In: leicester

Hi all .lookin to get an 08 GSXR1000 RELENTLESS REP WITH ARROW CANS if the price is right.Ive got an 07 ZX10 at the mo but its not great on the road but top notch on the track .Fantastic bike tho so may decide to sort the over stiff suspension.                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

Hiya,  what makes your zx10 not so good on the road in your eyes geez? Is it just the suspension?   Gotta mate with one, sais the same thing, would be interesting to compare!   Welcome to BM by the way!Cool                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Dear Santa, please may I have a Suzuki GN125? That's all, nothing special.Oh and can I also have a pass certtificate for my DAS (when I take it) & then please may I have a lowered CBR600?   Love you santa Big smile Stella aged 44 3 months & 27 days. xxxxx                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

Dear Santa,   Can I have a color matched top box for my Pan Euro. I already have my dream bike and she gorgeous.                                                                                                                                                                             
zx10gaz's Profile
zx10gaz

My zx10 is an absolute missile and great on smooth A roads but on bumpy B roads it bucks you all over the place but its great fun all the same.                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Gaz - all the kawasaki sports bikes from the ZXR750 have been the same. You need to speak to Maxton or similar for the suspension easing off for the road                                                                                                                                                                             
zx10gaz's Profile
zx10gaz

Looking into getting it sorted by K-TEC .New fork internals & a different shock.Did the same on my previous bike ZX6R B1H & it transformed the bike it was the best handling most flickable bike ive ever ridden.                                                                                                                                                                             
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington

Dear Mr Claus,   Not being greedy, but.......   Triumph America (in blue...naturally - see profile pic) Speed Triple (colour unimportant) Vincent Black Shadow (to sit and admire) Suzuki GSX1400 (to look mean on, 'Grrrrrrr!')   Would give them all up if you could bring Cassie a Bonneville T100 though (Awwwww)   Cassie say's I've been a very good boy this Year Big smile   Fank yoo   BlueBoy                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7969 seconds. There are 735 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption