I did it !!!!! woooooo hoooooo :d

46 Posts | Latest reply on 10/10/2008 19:53:40 by Karey | Go to original / last post
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Got my CBT cert today !!!!  I ant stopped grinning yet!!Big smileClapThumbs Up I was apprehensive this mornin, thinking I really don't wanna do this, I'm never gonna master the throttle/clutch thing.. but i turned up, while Glyn the instructor was doin some maintenance on the bike...and I had a good chat to him. Then we did some car park work and as it was 3 wks since i had last had a go, it took a few attempts to get things going agen.   While Glyn took the others out on the road I waited and got talking to Dave, the owner, he got me radioed up and talked me round the car park, which was much much better as I had no others watching, after a few laps, he sed, 'rite, im gonna leave u to enjoy the bike on your own' and i did !!   The nerves went and I was relaxin more and was grinning like a big kid !!LOL   So the time to go out in the big open road came, and i was still a bit nervous, but Glyn sed if i dint feel confident after 20 mins, we wil come back... Well...........   I was grinning all the way round !!  Loved it !!!!! Big smileClapThumbs Up I made a cuppla little mistakes, stalled at a stop junction, took a left hander a bit too wide, cos i dint change down.. but things I instantly knew i'd done..and things that I know i can correct.   So all in all a brilliant day !!  I'm like a giddy kipper !!  Can't wait to get mi own little bike, but it mite not be this side of Christmas...  just hope i can get one ASAP tho, as Ive truly got the bug now and I jus wanna get out there !! Big smile   This is where the learning really begins,....   Thanks agen u lot for all your encouragement.. !!  Your proppa diamonds ! Big smile xxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                                                                               
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
71% Karma71% Karma 71% Karma71% Karma

Hug     Well done!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Wot can I say - proud of u lassThumbs Up and a big Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy well done and happy riding Kaz XXXXX                                                                                                                                                                             
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Thats fantastic news Karey didn't I tell you, you would get there in the end.   Sounds like you found yourself a good training school too.                                                                                                                                                                             
fastjock's Profile
fastjock

In: Ripon

Well done Karey Clap . Happy hunting for your first bike .
Karey's Profile
Karey

awwwww thanks Wills, XK and Tracy !!! Hug xxxxxxxxx   Wish it was mi big bike test.. but one step at a time eh? LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Wooohoooo, thats fookin fantastic! Bloody well done! Am well proud of ya! xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

In: Newtown
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

So pleased for you K Cool  X                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

Cheers Dips !! yeh u did !  and i have !   lol   Cheers fastjock.. I'm lookin now..but gotta wait till my bike fund builds up agen lol   Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy Steph !!  Cheers mate ! I can't wait to get out and ride mi own bike to Squires!!  well ..mebbe not for a while yet.. but.. one day !! lol  xx   Cheers Arf ! xx                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Well done that girl.   If you need a hand checking out bikes or someone to follow you, let me know.                                                                                                                                                                             
CHATPAL's Profile
CHATPAL

In: nr Eastbourne

Well done, CBT out of the way, get the biggie done when you're ready and then ...... a whole new world!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Let me know Kaz when you do(if you can do it i can!), and i'll come with you Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Cheers Geoff,Thumbs Up i mite just tek u up on that, WHEN i get a bikeBig smile   Cheers Chatpal.. One step at a time, I'm happy to stick on L's for a bit Big smile   You're on Steff !!  Thumbs Up  but don't hold your breath, gonna tek me a while before I can afford a bike, let alone riding thro the car park in front of all them bikers !!! Embarrassed lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

hey Karey - told ya you could do it~!!!! Thumbs Up...know exactly what you mean by can't stop grinning - it seems like ages since i did my CBT & am soooooo desperate to get a bike now Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
mat750's Profile
mat750

In: Solihull

Congrats Karey! Well done Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

Well done Karey! I have an excuse to come over to Barnsley now. You can take a load of us to your local biker haunt for coffee when you get your wheels. :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

HFG. !! U did indeed !  I was thinking abart u as I was out on the roads, there was a young lad wiv me on a scoot and Glyn had me leading most of the way, I kept leaving them behind !! haha.   Cheers Mat750 and PP Thumbs Up   Mite just tek a good few months (and more) b4 I'm taking anyone to Squires... on mi own bike anyway !! lol                                                                                                                                                                              
scooby6171's Profile
scooby6171

In: bolton

A very big well done Karey now come on girl get the big one done if you need a hand pm me and i will  come and give you some tips  ClapClap                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

CONGRATULATIONS Kaz DEAD DEAD proud of you mate!!!!!! xxxxxx                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5625 seconds. There are 324 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption