To Russia With Love

4 Posts | Latest reply on 01/11/2006 11:47:10 by Moxey77 | Go to original / last post
Speedy Claire's Profile
Speedy Claire

In: Liverpool
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

For several years now I`ve been sending donations to a charity called "To Russia With Love".  It`s a charity which was set up by an Irish woman Debbie Deegan in direct response to horrendous conditions she had encountered in a run down orphanage in Hortolova in Western Russia.Hortolova Orphanage and the children living within were hidden from Russia and the rest of the world, until Debbie discovered its horrors and fenced in secrets. I`d like you all to take a look at the link and read some of the heartbreaking stories of the children living there.  Tho they`re extremely sad stories if you read thru the website you`ll find out the fanatastic work Debbie has done and all she has achieved since 1998. She`s turned these kids lives around.  Not only has she renovated the orphanage, the kids have had the psychological help needed to overcome their problems and they`ve been provided with an education and life skills which without Debbie they would never have had. My reason for posting this link is that Christmas is round the corner and i`m sure the charity would appreciate the extra money to give the children a memorable christmas.  Any donation, no matter how small is always appreciated........ remember this is Russia and our money goes a long way over there.  I won`t be having a Christmas dinner this year with Chris so the money I`d have spent on that has today been donated. Many thanks and please take the time to browse their website x http://www.torussiawithlove.ie/index.htm                                                                                                                                                                                 
Moxey77's Profile
Moxey77

In: Stourport-on-Sev

No offence Claire, I appreciate what you're trying to do and support you for that, but I belive charity starts at home.
I only generally give to BHF, CRUK and CAA as I've been involved in one way or another with them over the years.
Like I said, no offence hun.
rubecula's Profile
rubecula

In: Holyhead

When I was in Liverpool we used to load up boxes to put on the big Aeroplane that came for them....... makes you feel good to know you are helping others that need it.  I do a bit for charities now.  Kids charities especially, but cancer is pretty close to my heart because of some history I have with it.
Moxey77's Profile
Moxey77

In: Stourport-on-Sev

Cancer charities yes, as my dad died of cancer.

I give to the County Air Amubulance because of my involvment with motorsport, we have had the unfortunate situation to have had to use them on a few occations.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2188 seconds. There are 877 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption