Bikers snared doing upto 130mph

24 Posts | Latest reply on 16/09/2008 13:48:19 by Wannabe | Go to original / last post
BadGer67's Profile
BadGer67

In: Whisby
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

http://www.marketrasenmail.co.uk/news/Bikers-snared-doi...4487579.jp   Or out of the Lincolnshire Echo:  Seven bikers caught riding over 90mph on a single day Friday, September 12, 2008, 07:30 Seven bikers caught by police doing speeds of between 90mph and 130mph on a single day have been dealt with at court. Andrew Thornburn (25) was caught riding his Ducati bike at 130mph on the A631 at Glentham on July 30. Thornburn, of Newark Road, Lincoln, a fitter at Siemens, admitted speeding at Lincoln Magistrates' Court. "I'm really sorry for what I have done," he said. Thornburn was disqualified for 56 days, fined £340 with £43 costs and must pay a £15 victim surcharge. On the same evening Scott Dodsworth (38), from Sheffield, was caught doing 128mph on his Yamaha bike on the A631 at Bishopbridge and the case, proved in his absence, was adjourned until next month to get him to court. Glenn Hearn (50), of Brocklesby Close, Gainsborough, admitted doing 112mph on the same stretch of road about an hour after Dodsworth was caught. He was fined £180, banned for 21 days and ordered to pay £43 costs and a £15 surcharge. Hearn told the court his "eyes were on the road ahead" rather than the speedo. Richard Andrews (42), from Caistor, was caught doing 94mph on his Honda CBF1000 after overtaking an unmarked police Subaru on the B1225 Caistor High Street. He claimed he pulled away because he "did not want a race". He was fined £300, with £43 costs and a £15 surcharge and given six points. Mark Cottam (42), from Sheffield, reached 103mph on the A631 at West Rasen as he tried to catch up with fellow bikers ahead and admitted speeding. He was fined £370 and given six points with £43 costs and a £15 surcharge. Mark Mumby (26), from Grimsby, was caught doing 90mph on his bike at West Rasen and was fined £360 with five points, £43 costs and a £15 surcharge after admitting speeding. While Lee Miller (27), also from Grimsby, who pleaded guilty by post to doing 91mph at Market Rasen, has had his case adjourned until next month. All seven were caught speeding on July 30. For the full story see Friday's Lincolnshire Echo.                                                                                                                                                                                   
BadGer67's Profile
BadGer67

We have to admit, we do all speeding now and then. Have we got the right to judge these 8 biker? I think yes. There are roads in this country where you can pull your handle to the limit, where you only risk your own life due to lack of traffic and no junctions. In my opinion it is irresponsible what these eight have done. I mean they let themself get caught,...
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Gotta luv those Lincs Coppers lol, it's been known for long enough that cops go out in unmarked cars on bike nights, and through the weekend of biker events to bump up their figures, and to catch pratts...................                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

If you want to do these sort of speeds, book yourself on a track day.   I don't care what people may say, there isn't a single road in Britain where these sorts of speeds are safe.  End of story.   And if you are one of those that are willing to take the risk, have a quick thought for the people in the car that you hit coming the other way ..... and their distraught families.                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

They'd be quite happy to label Mobile phone users and drink drivers grossly irresponsible. There always full of remorse when it all goes wrong.                                                                                                                                                                             
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

In: Reading

Summer twats out for a blast, from the sound of it.   Got one of them at work, here. Parks occupying up to 3 bike spaces with his one machine. Gonna get himself lynched later :D   But yes, bad speeds, bad bikers. Up to 100 on an M/way, where conditions permit I could at least understand.   Then again, I usually see cars blasting past me at 130 or more. Where are their arrests?                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

I have to say that lack of observation got these blokes banned.   Even unmarked cars have extra mirrors, extra stub aerials etc...not to mention drivers usually wearing white shirts with glinting numbers on the collars. You can usually spot an unmarked by the way it's driving too.....Totally unlike al the other Subaru/BMW/ fast rep rocket drivers!   And speed cameras?..........99% are signed well before with the speed limit clearly posted below them (usually)   We all love our machines abilities to give us the freedom, accelleration and kama that we all enjoy. It's just a shame that there has to be a few out there that spoil it for the rest of us.   I sat backdoor for a newly qualified rider the other day on a gentle run out to Bala lake, She set a pace she was happy with ( and that was a decent pace) and yet we still had the Power ranger brigade coming past on one wheel, giving her the "wan*er" hand gesture because she wasn't going as quick as them.   Unfortunately they stopped at Bala too, Doing burnouts and wheelies etc.........We parked up and then she went over and gave them a piece of her mind.   It was like they were getting told off by their mum it was brilliant.   If you were one of those riders, you were a novice once so back the f*ck off and let people get on with it....is your penis REALLY that small?   Rant over.Censored                                                                                                                                                                                 
vtrman1000's Profile
vtrman1000

In: macclefield

To me as a biker of long standing. You speed you get caught, you know what your doing when you turn the throttle,  so at the end of the day you only have your self’s to blame, I speed and know I do, but if you want to ride at speeds that are not safe on public roads then go on the track, it’s a buzz and it’s a lot safer                                                                                                                                                                             
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

Thing is - Legal speeds and appropriate speeds are two different things.   You can be an advanced rider, doing 130 on a deserted 4-lane M/way at night and be perfectly safe, if illegal.   You can be the same, doing 25 in a 30, but still be going too fast to avoid something that you should have seen.     My bigger issue is with those other road users who bully and who really ought to get done. Instead, the easy targets get hit.                                                                                                                                                                              
vtrman1000's Profile
vtrman1000

In: macclefield

got it right there, but its easyer to pick on bikers for speeding that work harder tring to catch the real bad drivers and them who use guns and the like,   but hay life is good and we should all enjoy it, even if we speed in the wrong places or don't see what around us, for me i have been ridding a long time like others and do look a long way ahead, I also feel safe at plus 130mph on the right roads,                                                                                                                                                                             
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

Gimme a gun. I'll catch 'em!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Be a sport ttm - use the longbow!                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

how is it that you only get a 2 month ban and a fine for going over twice the speed limit,not 10  20  or 30 mph but over twice, does it ever occur to the riders doing this that it could be their families coming the other way? am i turning into a moaning old git or is this something you only think about as you get older? we all like a bit of fun but thats just ridiculous.
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

bites lip and waits for the backlash.......                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

bites lip and waits for the backlash.......     Julie!!! didn't think u were inta that sorta thing!Shocked                                                                                                                                                                             
BadGer67's Profile
BadGer67

56 days, that isn't even full 2 month, or comes February twice in a row? 8 weeks is a joke, i admit that. For first time sinners the fine would be in germany the same but you get at least three month ban. If you got caught once before in your lifetime and when it was only a minor speeding, then it means at least for 6 month riding the bus. The penalty is about the same, 50% more when it's the second time. And you should not dare to do it a third time. That means in most of the cases; good bye licence. After a year you can try to get a new one, with every hours practice needed in the driving school (cost ca €1500). And you have to pass the MPU, a psychologic medical. And all these hassle won't keep them from racing over the speedlimit on standard roads. And there are so many Autobahns where you can legaly ride or race without any limit.   Statement: I got banned twice in germany, first with 21, second with 26. Speeding with my car. I had also two bad car accidents which were not my fault but speeding opponents. Lucky me, i wasn't much injured. I have learned to respect everyone on the road. Most of the time i assume that noone at all had seen me. Therefore i have to take care of their mistakes, that they cross my lane, that they pull out in front of me. And i can assure you, i love my life and my bike. I don't want to have either or damaged (even if someone else has to pay for it).   Safety first, fun is second. And illegal speed, i really need my licence, do i have to say more? That reminds me,... these sign round white/greyish with four diagonal black lines, how fast am i really allowed to go then, 60, 65 or 70 mph? <<< that is a serious question                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Hi Badger, re **That reminds me,... these sign round white/greyish with four diagonal black lines, how fast am i really allowed to go then, 60, 65 or 70 mph? <<< that is a serious question** Sounds like you're talking about the national speed limit sign (circular, white background, thick black diagonal line through the middle) In which case, if you're in a car, on a bike on a single carriageway (ie 1 lane in either direction) then the speed limit is 60 MPH, if you're on a dual carriageway (2 lanes for each direction...usually seprated by a barrier) or a motorway, then it's 70 MPH (HGVs have other speed limits - 40 & 56...so that's why you may get stuck behind em)                                                                                                                                                                             
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

Be a sport ttm - use the longbow!   I already do. The arrows are expensive, even when I make my own. Besides, it's kinda awkward to use while on the bike.   I want a quick, easy, hassle-free solution to these problem drivers. I don't believe in making them suffer - I have better things to spend my time doing.   Therefore, I want armour-piercing HE (High Explosive) rounds that blow them right off the road and out of our way, so us safe & considerate road users can continue our journey with minimal disruption!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

hey sommat in common although i used a recurve, sorry! terribley un english i know!! bum i fergot a capital e he'll throw a wobbly now!                                                                                                                                                                              
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

actually there was a slight curve at the tip of the longbow i believe?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.3120 seconds. There are 1076 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption