Good Luck Karey and Old red

64 Posts | Latest reply on 17/09/2008 08:27:13 by Karey | Go to original / last post
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

In: Newtown
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

It'll happen for you Karey, especially if you believe it will yourself.   28th Sept will roll around before you know it.   Also, as you say, BM has a wealth of information on tap, wether it's from members who have just recently passed their CBT, to others full of hints and tips they have picked up over the years. And to put the cherry on the top, it's all freely and very happily given away!                                                                                                                                                                               
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Cheers TC !  good to know u never stop learnin!! haha   i actually did ok on the U turns.. and figure of 8, eventually, even went round in neutral (at instructors request) and handled it no probs. Just the engagin wotever i gotta work on..hehe   Aye it wint be long afore the 28th..cant wait :o)))                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

I know what you mean Karey - I was feeling gutted when I did it... and felt really inadequate as the flippin' 16 year old who was on the CBT with me was just breezing it...

But it turned out that he didn't get his certificate then either - got him out on the roads and all sense just vanished from the lad! lol

They're not going to put you at risk or make you do anything YOU don't feel ready for - it works both ways - they need to feel confident in your ability, but they also want YOU to feel safe and confident and you will - couple of weeks break is ideal, it'll give you time to go over in your mind what you learned today, calm yourself down and get over that gutted feeling. You'll be raring for it come the 28th :o)

You ARE a fully fledged member Karey! & don't let anybody tell you different ;o)
Karey's Profile
Karey

Too rite Arf !  I have learnt alot from this site already.  This time last year i wud never have done this...  its only thanks to u lot that ive got this far!  And wot better advice than from real ppl that have done real biking ! :o)))                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

Teecee, am having to double take your new profile pic, am getting deja vu from somewhere else on BM for some obscure reason!:o)                                                                                                                                                                             
Yudanja's Profile
Yudanja

In: London

Hi Karey, you can do it!! I spent 2 days on my CBT too! And some people take longer. It doesn't matter how long it takes - live to ride another day, stay safe. :)   You will get it. Think what bike you'll get after you pass, and how much fun you'll have riding out with all your new friends!!                                                                                                                                                                              
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Erm, no Arfur..... ALL of my profile pics are completely unique to me and bear no resemblance to any other BM members living or dead...   *cough*   (and as soon as I find some brown paint, you and WB are next on my list... )                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

ha! its george micheal!!                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

You thed you like George Micheals....   Good luck tomorrow Red!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

Looking forward to your righteous dude impression!   Looking forward even more so to seeing how you pull off the thigh length boot look!!:O)                                                                                                                                                                              
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

are yu releasing somethin soon? an go go red!                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Too rite WB.. the other 3 were on twist n go scoots..no gears !! lol and the 16yr old din wanna go on the road either..bless him..but i left b4 the outcome..so i hope he did it. My instructor actually wanted me to go ont road...but i dint feel ready..he asked me twice..even sed please..but i just dint  feel i had enuff confidence...    so i cant have been tooo bad if he was willing to go ahead..?!?!    Its jus a confidence fing, i guess.. it will come.  :o))  much rather go out there feeling confident than not.   Yudanja... thanks for that.. i guess i just wanted to run b4 i cud walk.. just too eager to get my own bike and get sum of the freedom i hear so much about..   but like i sed.. better to gain the confidence first  :o)                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

I'm glad you stood your ground Kaz, re: the on-road part. I don't like the sound of that instructor, reminds me of the one I had who persuaded me, against my better judgement, to take to the road with potential fatal consequences. You'll get there, I don't know of anyone who has said they never got their CBT certificate. It's quite common for folk to take more than one day to complete it. =========   Good luck red Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                                 
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

I never got a CBT certificate? Cry if i give yer the wool will ya make me one? Approve                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

Aww I can't, I'm allergic to WOOL *scratch, scratch*   Try acrylic? Wink   (I meant of those who had actually took it) pedantic bugger! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Silvi's Profile
Silvi

In: Northallerton

Aww Karey Im sad you didn't get your certificate but Im also glad you listened to yourself and said you didn't feel ready. I got my CBT on the 2nd November and I just hope that I will have the sense to do that if need be. The 28th be here before you know it and Im sure you will do get the certificate this time.   OldRed wishing you good luck you can do it!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

hey Karey - you'll be fine on the road - it IS scary @ first, but you drive a car don't ya? so you know how the road works, so that's one less thing to worry about. I was pretty scared too when he took us off the business park, but once you just relax it's ok & as I said to ya before, he's there to protect ya - if you were with Glynn, then he is really good once out on the road - I found I enjoyed it much more than I thought I was going to - I mesed up a few times @ some junctions...stalled it etc, but Glynn was just talking me through it calming me down. I do understand that there's only you that knows when you're ready, but don't let nerves overtake ya - you'll be a lot better than you think you are. Positive thoughts coming your way for the 28th................GO GIRL YOU CAN DO IT!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

For me, it wasn't a question of being nervous about going on the road, it was more that I'd be so preoccupied with whether my hands/feet were doing the right things at the right times and having to glance down to get my gear changes right that I wouldn't be 100% aware of my surroundings or my own speed etc.   Above all else, I felt I would be a liability to myself. Yes, I know the instructor is there on his big bike, offering some degree of protection and it's up to him to ensure the safety of his pupils to the best of his abilities, but I believe in taking total responsibility for my own actions and only trusting my own judgement when it comes to driving, so I'm not about to approach riding any differently.   My CBT instructor also said I'd have been fine out on the roads on day 1, but he respected my decision and expressed a wish that more people would take the sensible approach. It's not necessarily about fear or nerves, it's just about having a healthy respect for the road.   An extra couple of hours off-road instruction will just cement the skills in your mind, the gear changes will become more natural and smoother and you'll be able to take in your surroundings & be aware of potential hazards much more effectively.   Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Just a little Hug then...save a bigun for t'28th!.
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

wise move Karey..if you don,t feel ready hold back bat when your out in your car ask yourself how you,d react to certain situations on the road had you been on 2 wheels  I was doing obs & life savers in my car 2 weeks b,fore my CBT & still took a day & 1/2 to do it...u-turns were my bug-bear but perseverance & listening to the nice peeps on here pays...oh & in case your,e wondering...I  PASSED TEST THIS MORNING WOULD HAVE SAID EARLIER BUT IT WAS STRAIGHT INTO WORK AN I,VE JUST GOT HOME!!!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9531 seconds. There are 1322 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption