Big Bang Wednesday

69 Posts | Latest reply on 10/09/2008 12:10:28 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

No ghosty, this isn't the BM orgy you were hoping for!!   It is about the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) that is being activated on Wednesday 10th September.   According to recent newspaper reports, it is going to replicate the Big Bang and we could either learn how the Universe was formed and find the cure for cancer and Global Warming or the Earth could be swallowed up by a black hole or turned into a supernova...   (Either way, I am happy...)   In fact, the particle collider is only being commissioned tomorrow and will operate at very low energy levels, which will then be ramped up to full collision energy next year.   So despite the media hysteria, there will be no particle collisions or Doomsday effect on Wednesday.... you will still need to get a lottery ticket for Saturday's draw!                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

Ooooooo!!!   Hope it's the supernova! Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

will we be able to see the supernova from Weymouth?                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

We will be the supernova TM!   There won't be a Weymouth.                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

oh! no corrie then wednesday!                                                                                                                                                                             
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

In: Reading

Someone please give me the remote control for this thing.   I need it to do my Snake Plissken impression......                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

Apparently the scientists are receiving death threats... *sigh* http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1053162/...world.html   Or you can skip the technical stuff and read the comments at the end....                                                                                                                                                                                 
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

You gotta love the Daily Wail - bless 'em all... We're all doomed! Doomed I tell ye!   LOL   Loving the readers comments too - how very DARE you do this without the permission of all the people in the Unipurse?!                                                                                                                                                                              
Di's Profile
Di

*waiting with fingers crossed for the big bang*                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

You just can't help yourself can you, Di??? Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

I know Wannabe - how very dare they??? It's an outrage!!!   Wait until God hears about this.....                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

Nope! Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

I'm so disgusted I think I'll move to Tunbridge Wells and pen a strong letter to the Editor of The Times!                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

well i'm out down the knockin shop then an spend me pension may as well go wiv a few bang's meself!! [unles yu need the dosh WB? but we wont be around anyway so wots the point!]                                                                                                                                                                             
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

In: Reading

I'm so disgusted I think I'll move to Tunbridge Wells and pen a strong letter to the Editor of The Times!   Ooh, nasty!!!! Claire's folks are from TW (almost - Paddock Wood)... and judging from the free DVDs we got handed yesterday, I think they read the Mail too!!     Personally, I'm just gonna turn it on, amble away, light a ciggie and say in a sexily gruff voice...   "Heh.... Welcome to the Human race......"                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

So basically if my science is correct,we're going to notice absolutely bugger all and in two days time we'll all go back to moaning about the price of petrol. Or we'll all be dead. In which case,what the hell.                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

can yu repeat that?                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

Well, I reckon if they DO eventually annihilate Earth that we should all get together and sue them... or at least write disparaging comments on their Facebook pages...   (I'm thinking that the worst case scenario would probably actually be the best outcome...)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Computer says no.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Oh wow! Cool!

Maybe C's parents really ARE "Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells"? I've always wanted to meet him/her/them or be him/her/them! ;o)

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 704 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption