Motocross Training Schools

33 Posts | Latest reply on 08/09/2008 17:46:37 by earthwind | Go to original / last post
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Following on from a conversation in Blitz's thread (Blitz (as in me) need some help and advice !! ) I thought I would start a new thread for people thinking about having some training.   I suggested it might be good experience for people to feel a bike squirming around under them in safe conditions and learning how to control it.   There are various schools around the country, but if people are a little shy or nervous it could always become a BM event...                                                                                                                                                                               
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

TC... can CBT holders take part? or do u havta have a full licence?                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

Hey Karey!   From what I have read you do not necessarily have to have any biking experience at all. They will teach you from first principles (i.e. people who have never even sat on a bike before).   I have raced both mountain bikes and motocross and I would FAR prefer to fall off a motocross bike. In fact, in four years of moto-x racing I fell off many many times and the only real injury I received was when someone else ran over my ankle.   With modern protective equipment and proper teaching you will be in a completely safe environment. Any spill will probably just result in a fit of giggles and a sudden desire to get back on and do it all over again....                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Hey TC !   good to see u back btw ! Just rushin offta work...but that sounds brilliant !!  i wud love a go at that!   Will look more inta it later.   Tek care x                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

"I suggested it might be good experience for people to feel a bike squirming around under them in safe conditions and learning how to control it."   Their called women........not bikes!   Oh Christ....I've gone and made myself all randy now.....                                                                                                                                                                             
Blitz's Profile
Blitz

In: Atherton, Manche

yeah TC that a good idea, i kinda i wish that i had a dirty bike growing up, but at the time i was more into video games, well it never too late i know a few people with farms that i am sure will let me rip around on for the giggles. all i need now is the dirt bike as well. but yeah that a very good point that you make on this topic.
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

lmao Ghosty!! havent felt any thing squirming for quite a while in safe or unsafe conditions so am really wanting to give it a go !                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

erm... are we still talking about motorbikes?? Ermm   Either way, COUNT ME IN!!! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

oooooh thats Five of us interested..... hope theyve got enuff mud !  Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

so come on you lot hands up who wants to get down and dirty ?                                                                                                                                                                                                              
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

*tentively raises hand * think there wont be a shortage o mud wiv this crappy weather were avin!!                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

you gonna come and be official mud bath photographer ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

shall i bring sum wet wipes?  lol                                                                                                                                                                              
julie j's Profile
julie j

sure they will have on site hose pipe ... or jet wash for the very adventurous                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

check www.mxtryout.co.uk...don,t seem too bad ..i,m up for it                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

I might have a ride down to the school at Knockhill this weekend some time, just to check it out..   sheesh - the things I do for you guys and gals....   If it is any good, then it is only half an hour away from Edinburgh airport or train station...                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

http://www.mxtryout.co.uk/dates.html In Doncaster and other places   But I think that MX although quite fun may intimidate riders with limited experiance, if you want to learn skills that would come in useful to say ride off a wet camp site or gain better balance both in yourself and between throttle, brakes, and bikes clutch then riding a trials bike might give you more of what you need??   Not sure if there are as many schools/try out places for those but i'd be up for a ride on one lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

Ah... memories of pootling around on a TY50 and then a Beamish Suzuki.... *sigh*   Will search for Trials schools tomorrow when my eyes will actually stay open without the aid of matchsticks...                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

http://www.tricksinthesticks.co.uk/ Based in Kent unfortunately for us northerners lol (seams to teach loads of stuff there and claims to benifit all riders both road and track based)   Still looking for a more central or even a 2nd more northern place!                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

used to have an xl125 when i was a teenager, only rode it on the queens highway and could only get one tippy toe ont the ground but oh i loved that bike!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9375 seconds. There are 729 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption