Broken bike...

24 Posts | Latest reply on 28/08/2008 13:15:17 by falconralph | Go to original / last post
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

In: Reading
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hit a pothole over the weekend...With a resounding SNAP, my rear suspension gave out. I didn't go down, but it wasn't a pleasant experience. I now an utterly fecked bike that will cost many hundreds of your English Pounds to make work again. I just wanted to say........BUGGER!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

bummer!!! jus to cheer yu up i drove of turning to the left forgetting i had me disc lock onthe front disc!!! dropping to the ground in the middle of Bristol!!!!!best investment i made buying them big crash bars!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

tt... you shud get a claim in !  I'm sure you can claim against the council..  its probably gotta be a certain kinda pothole tho.. lol Hope u get it sorted.     Opps tm.... were u havin a 'blonde moment'?  ( no offence to any fair-haired ppl btw!!,, usedta be one misen ) lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

tt... you shud get a claim in !  I'm sure you can claim against the council..  its probably gotta be a certain kinda pothole tho.. lol Hope u get it sorted.     Opps tm.... were u havin a 'blonde moment'?  ( no offence to any fair-haired ppl btw!!,, usedta be one misen ) lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Karey's Profile
Karey

oh noooooooooo   is Ricdude abart??? i fink sumones avin a larf   ..LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

'ricdude syndrome' can happen anytime anywhere!                                                                                                                                                                              
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

Having seen what happens if you forget the disclock, I always put mine right behind and up against the caliper. That way you have a few mm to travel before stopping and realising, rather than several feet followed by an aerial takeoff!!!   I may be able to claim off the council. Depends if it has been reported yet and if 3 months has elapsed since the report.                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

I remember my ex setting off with the disklock on - broke the disklock!! -- happened twice!!! we didn't bother with em after that! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
71% Karma71% Karma 71% Karma71% Karma

Yeah, been there and done that with the disclock. After the second time, the brtain finally gets the message. TT I've started doing exactly the same. Otherwise you've just got the point where you're lifting your feet off the ground and then it's too late to stop the drop. Suspension collapse sounds a real bummer, though.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Bummer TTM! & TM!   *loving the expression "Ricdude Syndrome" though*   Cucumber sarnies for lunch again, Karey? Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

What bike do you ride TT?.....I'm sure I have an old pair of shocks in me shed from a vt500.......may just fit and get you on the road again.                                                                                                                                                                             
vtrman1000's Profile
vtrman1000

In: macclefield

happens to the best of us, but have to rember it can be fixed and you did not get hurt and that's what matters                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

pmsl @ WB.. of course ...are there any other?  Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

I have an XVS650 Custom Dragstar. Takes an N-type Monoshock, I'm afraid, but thanks for the offer.   Hagon want £255 for one. Yamaha'll be even more, I imagine.   BUGGERYFECK!!!!!   Borrowing t'Other Half's bike which, fortunately, is the same model as mine, but with MUCH LOUDER pipes.... Mwah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

I personally don't understand how people feck up disclocks, though. Ya put 'em behind the caliper, so you can't move more than a few mm before realising, feeling a pillock and just whipping it off quickly. Then again, our mate "Dangerous" Brian managed to blow his caliper to bits because he forgot!!!   Dangerous Brian was so named because he had silvered leathers (for that 80s tinfoil look) and wore a blue balaclava, just like his Brian Conley namesake!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
71% Karma71% Karma 71% Karma71% Karma

I once moved off with the chain round the front wheel. Yeah, yeah, I was a total pillock...   I didn't come off the bike or drop it. That was the good news. The bad was that the chain managed to cut the rigid brake pipe, which meant a long wait for the RAC in the wee small hours feeling an even bigger pillock as time wore onThumbs Down No way was I riding home on back brake only.                                                                                                                                                                                 
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

its an alarm disclock an i put it in the most prominent place on the top of the disc so any movement forward it drops an sets of! haveto get one o dem plastic cord thingys which remind yu yuve got it on!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

In: Newtown
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Phew! Was really hoping someone else was gonna state the obvious, thanks Tangoman! Having fallen fowl of  forgetting disc lock is on, and attempting to pull away myself, i promptly went out and purchased a bright yellow reminder cord, and, surprise surprise, it hasn't happened again since! Another point maybe worth mentioning, is the added visual deterrant? it provides, to any scumbag thief.                                                                                                                                                                              
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

In: Newtown
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Phew! Was really hoping someone else was gonna state the obvious, thanks Tangoman! Having fallen fowl of  forgetting disc lock is on, and attempting to pull away myself, i promptly went out and purchased a bright yellow reminder cord, and, surprise surprise, it hasn't happened again since! Another point maybe worth mentioning, is the added visual deterrant? it provides, to any scumbag thief.                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7656 seconds. There are 1195 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption