The Biker Nod

66 Posts | Latest reply on 22/08/2008 05:45:32 by Holmfirthgirl | Go to original / last post
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

In: Reading
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Dear all,   I've been nattering with another BMer here and we've discovered something missing....     When you're browsing profiles, witering on the Forum, chin-wagging in Chat or what-have-you, you often come across people you'd like to get to know. Maybe someone local or someone with the same bike as you....   Typically you can send 'em a Wink, but that's only fine if it's a member of the gender you'd like to get romantic with. What if two people just want to send a platonic greeting to eachother?     Well, being Bikers, we already have one, see.... The Biker Nod. Every time you amble, hoon or blast past a fellow Leather-Clad Demon, you nod, right?     So.... Can we please have an extra button for sending Biker Nods to all our mates, as well as the peeps we think are hotter than an all expenses paid trip to the TT?     All in favour, please add an AYE in posts below.....     I thank you!!   Woody Mad a a loon, happy as a bunny and not afraid to share it!!                                                                                                                                                                                     
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

In: Newtown
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Thats a huge big AYE from me ttaskmaster, and i hope the first of many. As we were nattering about, although a wink is the quickest way of making contact with someone, it can also be inappropriate, and i for one can find it unsuitable and uncomfortable.   One of the perks of riding for me has always included the respectful nod to/from like minded riders as our paths cross, and that includes males as well as females! So why not on BM as well as out there on the road?      ARFUR A mad bunny, not afraid to be a happy loon!                                                                                                                                                                               
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Yeah, good idea.  Mind you, I've sent quite a few messages to peeps of both genders who are local to me, along the lines of 'hi there, if you ever fancy a pint/coffee/chinwag then get in touch', and got a stony silence in reply. To hell with the bunnies, just be happ!                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

If their anything like half the bikers now you won't get a bloody nod back! PMSL     Jimmy I Run over bunnies and so far 1 horse but that was not my fault officer.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Why another button/icon (more time to load a page) what's wrong with just sending a message? As for the wink folk have varied reasons for sending them including 'just to say hi' so personally I'd prefer a message to a wink on its own.       BTW Matt is really busy at the moment so a reply from him, re: button/icon, may take a little longer than usual (watch him reply straight after me lol)                                                                                                                                                                                 
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

I am with Kwak on this one please lets not have anything else that will slow the site down.   As for winks never really given this much thought before, suppose I just think of them as a way of someone saying hi, I don't usually respond to winks but prefer to get pm's. If someone pm'd me or winked at me I wouldn't think of it as anything more than a friendly hello, but then I am the person who spent 45mins talking with a guy at a rally not even realising he was trying to chat me up as I never think anyone would want to do that.   I love the friendly nod most motorbikers give me and return it or even at times nod first but I won't waste time nodding to Chavs on scooters anymore as the two finger response I got a few weeks ago was not really very friendly.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

*hops around in a looney happy bunny stylee*

I'm liking the Biker Nod idea... I don't have page loading speed problems but I'm on uber-speedy broadband ;o)

I also think it's a lot easier for the girlies to get chatting with each other, than it is for the chaps. I know I'm chatting to loads of females on here and making lots of new buds... It'd be cool for the chaps to have an easier way to make new buds IMO.

You'll always get those who don't respond, whether it be to a nod, a wink or a PM... What's with the ones who send you a wink and you send a "thanks" response via PM, which then gets ignored though? *scratches head in puzzlement*

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink... a nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat... & all that ;o)
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Haha i shot Wink The hopping bunnys and stuck them in the cooking pot Big smile.   Yeahh a good idea, for both guys & dolls lol. Might help break the ice to talk to each other. But don't think it will beat the PM way. Even if some do not reply but that life.                                                                                                                                                                               
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

'What's with the ones who send you a wink and you send a "thanks" response via PM, which then gets ignored though?' .......               maybe you shoudnt ask whether a church or registry office!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
diamondsabre's Profile
diamondsabre

In: kent

\i think its great the way bikers greet each other, the respectful nod is something i have always found facsinating among fellow bikers and yes, i think there should be an option on here to do just that!  the wink thing can be taken in a number of ways i guess, although i think its better to pm if you want to say hi.  i say delete the wink and give a nod instead!! lol                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

tis wot they do on biker junction!!!!cant we have a v's up or one finger up button as well for those we dont like!*thinks hmmm not a good move as i will get most!*                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

VWink                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

By all means change the wink to a nod. But i think PM's are a better idea. if you really want to make freinds  get to your local meets or i know i'm pushing it a bit here, the camping weekends. It's a lot easier to judge what peeps are like if you actually meet up. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

right on cue there xk! get some wevver an i may have met some its an absolute grey windy autumnal scene here! goin down the pub to get bladdered!                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

I think a nods as good as a wink....to a blind man    << nudge, nudge, wink, wink >> Wink                                                                                                                                                                                 
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

In: Reading

One button is not going to slow the site down by any amount that a human would notice, unless your browser loads a whole site one letter per second!!   If it does, upgrade your connection - Your service provider is definitely an arse!!     As for the reasoning, most people interpret a Wink as, "I kinda fancy you", "I think you're sexy" or something similar. From the site name, this is pretty much a Dating website, so why else would someone wink at you?   How many blokes wink at eachother? And those that do, why do they wink? Think about that  - I did......   Up to the users, really... I just thought it'd be a good idea is all.     Carry on the vote....                                                                                                                                                                             
SP's Profile
SP

In: Weston Super Mar

Hi ttaskmaster and everyone else.   I say a big yes to a nod button.  I read everyone's profile to see who's in my area and what's happening near by.  When TeeCee gets back he's going to check his inbox. as we all do, and say HEY WHO'S THIS GUY WINKING AT ME,  because i accidently clicked my mouse as i went over his wink button.  I'm totally straight,  pony will vouch for me.  Shit shouldn't have said that.  In the dog house again.
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

In: Newtown
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Been looking at everyones take on this idea, so just wanted to add that i for one wasn't thinking of replacing the wink  with a nod button, far from it. It was the wink button that led to me meeting me gal on BM as it goes, and that is my point.  Some of you have said that it's just as easy to PM anyway, but for peeps like myself who are a bit shy, and don't know what would be suitable to say to break the ice, for me that includes males as well as females. A nod button would be a great way to open possible channels with those of you who are more confident with sending PM's etc.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

TC can handle it SP - don't fret ;o)

The wink button plus several hundred PMs Arf! Hehehe! ;o)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Wannabe,Arf winked at me first.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 784 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption