xs750 carbs

6 Posts | Latest reply on 31/05/2008 18:50:15 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

need to find some airbox to carb rubbers for an xs750 (yamaha) apparently they've been discontinued.Tried shops and scrappers but with no luck,anyone know of an alternative or anyone got some                                                                                                                                                                              
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Do xs850 ones not fit? (much more common bike) 750 imported? Have you tried brakers in the USA? Either that or scrap air box and go for K&N's you'll probably need to get the bike dyno'd if you do that and even get some differant jets for the carbs.                                                                                                                                                                             
mat750's Profile
mat750

In: Solihull

Which year/model is it? I think the very early XS750s used a different size that is very difficult to get. Apart from that I think all the 750/850s use the same rubbers. They're still available from some of the US websites such as yamahapart.com but I don't know how much the postage would be.   I've probably still got some in my garage but I'm not sure what the condition will be. Personally I swapped to individual "pod type" filters. Makes it much easier to get the carbs on and off for the inevitable carb rebuilds!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks to you both,
The XS850's are too long. It's my brothers bike,he's got cone filters at the mo,they're ok but crap in the wet.I'll pass on your advise to him thanks again

mat750's Profile
mat750

In: Solihull

Hmmm, if the 850 ones are too long it sounds like a '77 XS750D. I think you'd really struggle to get those. I've heard people say they've had trouble with the cones in the wet, but they've always been ok for me.   Does your brother know about the Yamaha Triples website at http://www.yamaha-triples.org/ ? Very useful resource especially the forums (although there's a lot of yanks on there!).                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Cheers Mat
I'll let him know

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6563 seconds. There are 1914 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption