Yorkshire Dales Ride Out Sunday 11th May

6 Posts | Latest reply on 07/05/2008 09:04:04 by geoffb2005 | Go to original / last post
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Going to have a ride this coming Sunday through the Dales. Starting at Ferrybridge Services (M62/A1), travelling north around the top of Harrogate, then up through the Dales to Kettlewell.  From here carrying on north to Hawes and then a little further north to Muker via the glorious Buttertubs Pass.  Then following the B6270 before finishing at Brymor Ice Cream Parlour, Masham.   From here home, so I will be heading south on the A1 back towards West Yorkshire.   Suggest two meeting points for those interested.  First one at Ferrybridge and the second for those coming from Leeds area at Kettlewell.   Distances; from Ferrybridge back to Ferrybridge is around 170 miles and 3 hours riding (Suggest 5 hours to include stops).  I will be leaving Ferrybridge at 10am, getting to Kettlewell at around 11; will be outside the little cafe opposite the car park.   Who fancies it?                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

I'll have a think about it. Its a bit far for me but i'll see how brave i feel. I'll let you know nearer the time if thats ok?                                                                                                                                                                             
nina's Profile
nina

In: Barnsley

i would have a go  BUT   not allowed on a1                                                                                                                                                                              
kenn52's Profile
kenn52

In: leeds

Hi Geoff. up there 2 weeks ago. will have a word n may see you on route.   Nina why you not allowed on A1?   DC not as far as we went other sunday                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

From Ripon back home it is A1(M) so you are right Nina, you won't be allowed on it.   If you don't mind risking going on the back of someone who hasn't taken a pillion for about twelve years, I have a spare seat.                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

A bit far!  Come on DC lol ...... you'll enjoy it girl.   Hope you can make it Kenn, should be a nice day Sunday (fingers crossed)   Hmmm, a cuppa in Kettlewell for starters, fish in a breadcake at Hawes for the main course with an ice cream from Brymor for pudding; all with superb roads in between ..... Who can resist??                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2500 seconds. There are 1391 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption