blued (tempered look) downpipes

4 Posts | Latest reply on 12/06/2008 14:47:17 by Suzuki_bob | Go to original / last post
northerndude's Profile
northerndude

In: exeter
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

has anyone seen downpipes with a heat treated/tempered look for sale at a dealer or website? im sure ive seen em for sale at a bike/tool fair but cannot for the life of me find any now i want some. any help  or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
old gixer boy's Profile
old gixer boy

In: on the streets

the downpipes you are looking for are titainium the hotter they get the more blue they get they did it to mine you will have to spend big money though                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Can always leave your bike on stand running (no air flow = blued pipes) I crashed my bike and bent the gear selector) had to ride all the way home in 1st down pipes turned blue for the 1st 8" no problem (but made my under 1000 mile two fifty look totally thrashed lol) someone with oxy acetaline gas welding kit could blue any shiny metal down pipes with a reasonable degree of accuacy too..............
Suzuki_bob's Profile
Suzuki_bob

In: Newcastle

i saw an advert for a exhaust which you could get pre coloured but they did warn the colour would fade after a while, sorry cannot remember which maker, was a few years ago.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2969 seconds. There are 929 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption