Moffat, May 25

24 Posts | Latest reply on 13/09/2024 14:33:49 by Strom67 | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

We're off to Moffat 16-19th May 2025, anyone that fancies a ride round the Scottish Borders, a beer or three and a slap-up meal is welcome to join us.
We're staying in the Annandale Arms Hotel, but as Moffat is only a wee place there are plenty of other options including a campsite.
I'll add this events page.
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

bikermatch.co.uk/events/event.asp?event_id=6836                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Thanks Ragnar

Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
74% Karma74% Karma 74% Karma74% Karma

Booked in at the Balmoral                                                                                                                                                                             
Pawl's Profile
Pawl

In: Wolverhampton/Sa
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

A bit to close to the TT for me. Or possibly NW not decided yet !                                                                                                                                                                             
SusiPop's Profile
SusiPop

In: Selby
44% Karma44% Karma 44% Karma44% Karma

I like the sound of this one and just after my birthday so I deserve a treat! 😁                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Moffat is only about 100 miles from Middleton in Teesdale, possibly 150+ if I take a short cut 🤣
If anyone want to join us on the ride up let me know.                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

It sounds like a night in the Teesdale could be in order each way to make a longer trip of it and save some serious Monkey butt🤔

Mind you, that would involve more beer😂                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt04's Profile
Matt04

In: Nottingham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Sounds good ! defiantly interested. It's a long way for just 3 days so "I" might make it it longer (stop over on way up and/or down.
will confirm nearer time

(and it IS my Birthday(17th))                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

I assume it will be the beemer not the loud one Matt, or do you have other toys???                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt04's Profile
Matt04

@ strom67
More than likely yes the beemer, However never say no to the loud 1😎🫨

Luckin's Profile
Luckin

In: North Mancs / So
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

I have stayed at the Buccleuch Arms Hotel in Moffat. The basics were good i.e clean, ensuite, well run and very hospitable.

It is run by a family of motorcyclists. The hotel is well equipped for bikers. Even, dare I say it, biker biased. If memory serves me well it had secure parking for bikes round the back, individual sheds for bikes (if booked), additional hard standing, bike washing facilities, air line for tyres, a bar with real ale, a lounge, a large dining room capable of hosting a group.

The owners advised me on some good routes (loops from to the hotel) and even loaded them on my satnav for me.

If I were staying in Moffat it would be where I would stay. I recommend you check it out.
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I've stayed in Moffat a few times Luckin, it's one of those places it seems everyone rides 🙂
The first time we stayed in a B&B and the owner couldn't have been more helpful. He cleared space in his garage for us, offered the use of his tools if needed, recommended roads to ride... typical biker in other words.
The Buccleuch seems to get all the press coverage but it's all good.
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

I am booked in at the Teesdale for Thursday night ready for the Fugrwe route to Moffat after a decent breakfast👏                                                                                                                                                                             
REXXIE's Profile
REXXIE

In: Middlesbrough
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

Seems the most local campsite opens the week after booo!                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

That does surprise me. It's the middle of May, I would expect both camping sites to be in fully open by then.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Seems the most local campsite opens the week after booo!...
Neil B's Profile
Neil B

The camping and caravan club site is only accepting bookings from members for 16-19th May 2025. So that's £53 membership plus £26 for the camping!                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Another £12 and you can stay at the Teesdale and get a decent breakfast 😁                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

So perhaps camping isn't going to be an option after all. At least we're finding out now...                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt04's Profile
Matt04

B&b / hotel it is then
Or look up the Law on wild camping                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8906 seconds. There are 530 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption