Thinking about 2025 events...

8 Posts | Latest reply on 03/07/2024 11:55:03 by Strom67 | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
56% Karma56% Karma 56% Karma56% Karma

It's cold and wet today at the beginning of July. And the nights are drawing in. 😨
It's time to start thinking about next years events. 🤔

I'm happy to do Easter up here again if people want, and as Easter is at a sensible time next year it would be Easter, not May.

For May I'm thinking of a trip beyond Hadrian's Wall, possibly to Moffat in the Scottish Borders. Moffat has Hotels, B&B's, campsites and the odd park bench by way of accommodation so all preferences and peccadillos are catered for.

The other May option (or possibly as well as) is a camp. Izzy's Balloch O'Dee was brilliant and justifies a repeat.
There is another biker friendly site out past Stranraer that might be worth a look.

That would give us a couple of Northern BM do's in April and May before the midge season.

Anyone interested?
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Cant say as yet but Im still hoping that we will get to 1 of the northern camps before I forget how to ride a bike lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

I was thinking about trying Ardnamurchan campsite …

I haven’t been there yet but have heard that it is a good site. Possibly the weekend before Easter.

I’m still mulling it over.

Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Easter in Teesdale is obviously a no brainer 🙄

I would be up for a Scottish trip if tentage isn't compulsory, maybe a night in the Teesdale en route to boot🤔                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I've already put Easter on the events page.
bikermatch.co.uk/events/event.asp?event_id=6823

Good idea about having a stopover here on the way to any Scotland do, it is a long way for anyone coming up from the south.
Although Moffat is only a couple of hours from here up the main roads the other options easily turn into a full day's worth of cross country foolishness. Actually so can Moffat if we go exploring on the way 🙂

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Easter in Teesdale is obviously a no brainer 🙄

I would be up for a Scottish trip if tentage isn't compulsory, maybe a night in the Teesdale en route to boot🤔...

Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

God that takes me back. Sanna bay, wild camping, skinny dipping, sunshine, beer, nobody else about.
I expect it's full of camper vans and overloaded GS's now enjoying the solitude 🤣

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I was thinking about trying Ardnamurchan campsite …

I haven’t been there yet but have heard that it is a good site. Possibly the weekend before Easter.

I’m still mulling it over.

Strom67's Profile
Strom67

I have just realised that Easter Sunday will be on my birthday next year... I fear beer will have to be consumed 😔                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Teesdale booked 🍻🤣👍                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3594 seconds. There are 342 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption