Travel insurance abroad

4 Posts | Latest reply on 22/05/2024 14:46:36 by Lindsay | Go to original / last post
philgs1000's Profile
philgs1000

In: melksham
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

When riding a motorbike does any one know of a company that includes you when your touring abroad on your motorbike?
So i need insurance to cover the usual things that can happen.
Going to Sweden so shouldn't get a stomach upset lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

Its a few years since we last toured abroad, but I can remember we used to take out a separate insurance policy to cover us and it wasn't particularly cheap.
Our standard bike insurance only covered us third party outside the UK, so it would have kept us legal didn’t touch the medical or bike repatriation that we wanted.
Fortunately we never needed any of it.
How much you spend depends on your risk appetite 🙂
Scottishpoj's Profile
Scottishpoj

In: Birmingham
2% Karma2% Karma 2% Karma2% Karma

Hi I’m on a tour just now in Sardinia I got green card insurance for European countries recovery to garage vehicle hire if you have breakdown through Swinton they been really good I broke down In Sardinia stone through the radiator be fixed for Friday 24/05/24 hope this help
Medical insurance read all the small print properly some arnt worth only cover small part of your trip home buyer be ware I looked Ioads
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

Defo be careful reading carefully the small print re engine size etc

A friend & his wife had an off a couple of years ago whilst on holiday. He hired a scooter and had a major off. They were both injured and if crowd funding hadn’t taken place they would have been in a sticky situation.

They had to pay for all sorts of things in order to get home. Including medical staff, transport etc etc

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.1719 seconds. There are 1674 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption