Tyres

10 Posts | Latest reply on 15/10/2023 18:06:51 by Strom67 | Go to original / last post
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

My VStrom needs new tyres and I have been recommended Metzeler Tourance Next as a replacement for the original Bridgestone A41s. However last night I was recommended Dunlop Mutants... Any thoughts???                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
56% Karma56% Karma 56% Karma56% Karma

How deep is your pocket?                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

As deep as it needs to be to gain some longevity.. I've had over 11k miles out of my front and 10k out of my rear with the A41s and I wouldn't be looking to get any less out of the replacements given that I have decided to keep the bike. I do about 99% road mileage but do like the ability to deal with gravel strewn, potholed remote lanes???
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Now I'm further confused as Bridgestone have augmented the A41 with the AT41 with better wet grip and which is longer lasting for the same money?                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Round and black are a good start. But you will never get a a real fix as a tyre I love for every reason you would find a load of shite.
Best of luck in your hunt                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Cheers JP.. I've just been watching YouTube videos of people slagging off the A41s saying they are throw away at 5k when I've had 11k so I know what you mean 👍                                                                                                                                                                             
Tezza1958's Profile
Tezza1958

In: Scotter Common
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

As you probably know I have quite a few bikes with a variety of tyres, I guess it’s personal preference, but I do quite like the Avon Storm3D, I have them on both Bandits and one of them is coming up for 10k on the set, the sports bikes I have Bridges or Road 5s but generally only get about 6k from them, I did have Metzlers, they lasted well, a bit hard for the sportsbikes, but good allrounders for general road use.
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Cheers Tezza👍                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Have just discovered a bike workshop local to me, with a while you wait, ride in fitting service(that you can view) and they recommend Dunlop Trailmax Meridians... And their prices are better😁                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

I now have the Dunlop Trailmax Meridians fitted, they are still being worn in so no opinion yet.. They're definitely round and black🤣                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3750 seconds. There are 774 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption