Flying Legends Jul 15-16

12 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 17/05/2023 17:50:34 by Lindsay | Go to original / last post
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

First of all, yes I know this isn't a biking event. But bear with me.

Flying Legends is probably the biggest air show in Europe featuring vintage piston-engined warplanes.
For years it's been based at Duxford near Cambridge, but they've been forced out and this week a new home has been revealed at Church Fenton in Yorkshire.
That's just over five miles from Squires cafe, long a favourite of BM-ers and northern bikers in general.
Squires has a big campsite, a tenner to bikers, fifteen quid for a car. Anyone thinking what I'm thinking?
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

I'm thinking I may go to this but I will be sleeping in my own bed. Not at Squires πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ»                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Bugger I would love to do that but it clashes with Finks daughters wedding                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

The former RAF Church Fenton Airfield isn't too far from Tadcaster. It's also now known as East Leeds Airport.

I'm not sure how Church Fenton village will cope with the amount of traffic that will no doubt be descending on the area.

I am considering going, sounds like an interesting day out.

PS. If you also want to find out a little bit about the Battle of Towton Moor (1461) it's just up the road. Not far away at all.
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Sounds interesting, will keep an eye on this.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Tickets are now on sale at Β£45 a pop. Or Β£135 if you want to go posh at the Sky Lounge
www.flyinglegends.com                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

I was interested but at that price, it's a NO from me. I may well drive up in the general direction of Church Fenton and have a gander at what is going on. Yeah, just call me a cheap skate!! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜‚                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

Sounds interesting linz, I might join you on a cheapskate trip πŸ‘ πŸ˜‚                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

I'm with the cheapskate group, but if someone planning a camp at Squires and ride out to watch a hairyplane fly over somewhere I might be interested.                                                                                                                                                                             
dynax's Profile
dynax

In: Doncaster
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

You'll get to see some of the aircraft at Squire's, too rich for my pocket too so count me in for a cheapskate day 🀣                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

Is this turning into the inaugural meeting of the BM Scrooge Appreciation Group? πŸ™ƒ                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

I am unsure as to how far out they will fly out of Church Fenton or even which direction they will go. I will endeavour to get some information for anyone that wants to know a bit more. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ€žπŸ»

Steve, it will be the first official meeting of BM SAG.

If I can get some info I may be able to pinpoint a pub locally that where we could spend the afternoon staring at the sky. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3750 seconds. There are 850 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption