How low do you go?

4 Posts | Latest reply on 18/12/2022 08:07:16 by Steve_H | Go to original / last post
AnotherOldGoth's Profile
AnotherOldGoth

In: Sheffield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

If it weren't for the ice and grit I wonder how cold it would have to be to stop me going out. I was forced once (because I was at Pooley Bridge and overnight everything had iced over) to ride to Sheffleld in conditions I wouldn't plan to go out in. Had to buy another pair of socks on the way. God it was cold!

I think my lowest temperature to set off riding (as in I leave my house to go for a ride for pure pleasure) is about 5C.

What's yours?

Did you ever get caught out?
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

I'll go out at anything much above freezing, say 2°C provided its dry. Its not so much the temperature, you can dress for that, it's the risk of slippy stuff that stops me.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I go in anything except ice although in my teens many many years ago still didnt stop me, and no gloves or fancy warm gear in them days or taking it steady, just flat out everywhere. Mad really but hey ho, who gives a toss, i,m still here, just.🤪                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

And yes I've been caught out in snow on a bike and always hated every second of it. If the roads have been recently salted it was usually OK, fresh snow has a surprising amount of grip (almost as much as my arse on the saddle), compressed snow can be horrible but just about doable until it freezes.
There is a reason for cars with all season tyres 🙂

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2354 seconds. There are 885 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption