New Bike Purchases

5 Posts | Latest reply on 02/03/2023 07:43:43 by Bikerdude2009 | Go to original / last post
RealTrueGod's Profile
RealTrueGod

In: Brentwood
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Hi All,

Looking for some advice.

I currently ride a 2007 Suzuki Intruder.
However, looking to trade up to a newer bike.
Found a Suzuki V Strom 2020 and wanted to knw if there is anyone who has owned and can advise on the V Strom?

Many thanks
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

Strange though it may seem, I have a 2019 650xt. It is super reliable so far and does everything I want it to do.. averagely. Quite economical and 216kg is OK until you drop it on your ankle. The 1050 is heavier and thirstier but ultimately does everything else a little bit better I believe. I have been lookin to change mine for a year but can't find anything that does better without a compromise 👍

P. S. I do wish it had cruise control 😔
RealTrueGod's Profile
RealTrueGod

In: Brentwood
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Thanks Strom67 for your feedback.
I think i'd be daft not to take advantage of the deal.
2020 plate/1200cc/back box and panniers/blutooth speakers/13000 miles £6995 before trade in of my 07 Intruder.

The only thing niggling at me is that there was a 2014 Honda Africa next to it for the same price?
Instantly makes you think that there is something wrong with the V Strom or are they just less popular than the Africa hence the price difference? Given that it's 2020 I would have thought another 2/3k at least!?

After looking at some reviews though I think i'm gonna take the punt cause I really like the look of the bike
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

It wont have 1200cc, if it's the 1050 its 1043cc👍
It will be noticeably cheaper than an Africa Twin as they are £5k more to buy. If it is the base model not the XT there might be lots of features missing as well 🤔

Make sure it has a centre stand👍
Bikerdude2009's Profile
Bikerdude2009

In: Retford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I also have a 1989 bobber intruder, but after a V strom 1000 :-) , due to wanting to do more milage and have an bike that can cope with all weathers. I am almost at the stage of fuck it lets buy one. need to be patient though. There is a review I think its on Devit insurance site where they do a ride demo.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3281 seconds. There are 1470 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption