Hallowistmas!! IBIS Hotel, CLOSED!!

23 Posts | Latest reply on 02/05/2023 12:05:23 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Rebel Belle's Profile
Rebel Belle

In: Caerphilly
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Hi, For anyone attending Hallowistmas next week and have an IBIS Booking, the hotel is closing for essential maintenance with effect from 23rd November and will remain closed until further notice....

No one is being charged or you get a refund and they are unable to recommend any alternatives.

Bit of a bummer... I was really looking forward to that, doubt I'll go now... :(
Witcher Man's Profile
Witcher Man

In: Sheffield
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

Just received my email stating that it was closed from Wednesday and no reopening date specified. Didn't say anything about maintenance thou.

Going to.look for alternatives and get a refund.

Go on Lynn have a look at alternatives, it's always a good night.
Rebel Belle's Profile
Rebel Belle

I rang them and they said "essential maintenance".

I thoroughly enjoyed last year, it was really good... but looking for an alternative within the budget that I have and then having to get taxis to and from, which I did last year... but the IBIS was just convenient and you know what you're going to get I suppose... mmm I'll have a think...
Benh's Profile
Benh

In: Grantham
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Travelodge burton A38 southbound has rooms have booked with them                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Travelodge - £72
Three Queens Hotel - £55
Dog and Partridge Hotel - £80
The Orchard - 5 bedroom house Air BnB for 4 adults - £64 each

Benh's Profile
Benh

In: Grantham
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Booked at Travel lodge
----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Travelodge - £72
Three Queens Hotel - £55
Dog and Partridge Hotel - £80
The Orchard - 5 bedroom house Air BnB for 4 adults - £64 each

Rebel Belle's Profile
Rebel Belle

Still having a think... lol 😆                                                                                                                                                                             
Witcher Man's Profile
Witcher Man

Myself, Frank and Neil all booked in at the Three Queens Hotel
Me and Frank used it last year cheap clean and warm.
Was walkable to the pub at the Ibis.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

🤔 Hmmm, Three Queen's ...

Walking? Is that so you don't go nicking other people's taxi's Glyn... 🤭

Witcher Man's Profile
Witcher Man

Linz, the unfortunate taxi incident was after Frank and myself walked to the pub and part took in liquid refreshments.
Case closed my lord. 🤭

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
🤔 Hmmm, Three Queen's ...

Walking? Is that so you don't go nicking other people's taxi's Glyn... 🤭

Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

I'm now booked in the Three Queen's Hotel

@Lindsay. It's Freddie Mercury, Elton John and CW. 🤣😂🤣😂                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

PMSL @Rags...

Love it 😍💕💖                                                                                                                                                                             
Jaffa's Profile
Jaffa

In: st helens
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Bummer but now booked at 3 Queens

drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

Me n Steve now also booked in at the queen's. C u all there 😬😬😬                                                                                                                                                                             
Stokeypan man's Profile
Stokeypan man

In: Lincoln
41% Karma41% Karma 41% Karma41% Karma

Hi all, I spoke to the manager when they cancelled my reservation but did not specify a reason. I'm intrigued as to the closure, is it essential maintenance as rebel stated which would have to be pretty serious i.e. structural defect, asbestos etc. or have the Ibis chain jump on the asylum bandwagon.
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham

I know when i have stayed there in the past when it was travelodge on 2 occasions the room stank of sewage. Im thinking there problem has become unworkable.                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

I think it's been rented out to the government.
Already left a negative review on Google                                                                                                                                                                             
Rebel Belle's Profile
Rebel Belle

Well done Rags because it's bloody short notice... think I'll do the same 👍.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ

Just so that you know we can turn up and start to party at 6.30 :)

Also, if you are due a renewal on your membership, if you come to the Party you can get a years sub renewal for £20 !!!

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Check out the link below for the answer to this strange closure;

https://www.staffordshire-live.co.uk/news/major-burton-hotel-set-close-4778796.amp

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.6250 seconds. There are 820 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption