lejog

17 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 16/11/2022 16:33:02 by izzyhill | Go to original / last post
SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Thinking of doing Lands End to John O Groats next year. Avoiding motorways, a leisurely ride.
A mix of camping and hotels.
Anyone got any input? Suggested routes or things to see?                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
56% Karma56% Karma 56% Karma56% Karma

I'm up for this provided you're taking your time and not doing some stupid 24 hour mission, it needs to be enjoyed.

I did it about 10 years back and took a week. By the time you've wiggled about a bit it's about 1000 miles, but you also need to get to the start and home again so double that.
April / May is most likely the best time to avoid the midges and NC500 vermin once north of the wall. Booking ahead is a good idea too, be it hotels or campsites, cos that takes the stress out of it.

You said elsewhere you're taking the Harley Drag Queen, does that mean I can take Scootie?
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

I will keep an eye on this but all depends on how it will fit in with work                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

I too would be interested so long as it was hotel /B&Bs not camping πŸ™„                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

I could be tempted by this....πŸ€”πŸ˜                                                                                                                                                                             
Cyberyeti's Profile
Cyberyeti

In: Peterborough
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I've done jogle, 16 hours I think. Hotel at each end, leisurely ride, no hurry 😁                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

That's the wrong way Cyberyeti, it means you start at the good bit and the roads get busier the further south you go πŸ˜€.
There again if the NC500 crowd are about that's run across the top spoilt anyway πŸ™„ Although there are other roads that the NC500 sat nav crowd won't know about if misbehaviour is required 😈
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

You gone to sleep on this Goose?
I really quite fancy it but it'll need a fair bit of planning...                                                                                                                                                                             
Tezza1958's Profile
Tezza1958

In: Scotter Common
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

I would be up for this if it happens                                                                                                                                                                             
MIF1989's Profile
MIF1989

In: Glasgow
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

North West coast of Scoand is much better for sight seeing than the east coast if you are going all the way up to John O'Groats. Would be a detour but I would highly recommend!
If you are on the East coast check out the Whaligoe steps.
Wee stop which isn't really marked but worth it.
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

May sounds a good plan but my calendar is filling up already.. Anyone else got any preferences?                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

We need to wake the Goose first cos the idle fekker has done sod all organising so far πŸ˜†
I'll drop him a text, although he may have gone into winter hibernation now, tucked up in a box of straw in the back of the garage... 🀫                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I've coaxed Goose out of his hibernation box with a piece of lettuce (although I did have to deep-fry it in pig lard first cos he's not a vegetable).
Due to other commitments he's not going to be doing LeJog till 2024.

But I still fancy the idea cos I reach my dotage next year and want to do a shit load of stuff...

If not a full LeJog, then possibly a HalfJog to miss out the boring, busy bits and get straight to the traffic free wiggly bits.

A HalfJog would mean meeting up somewhere like Dent for a weekend's excessive drinking and then heading north on Monday.
Monday night could be Glencoe at the Red Squirrel campsite (rooms at the Clachaig Inn for those that want it).
After that it gets a bit vague.
Bealach na ba obviously on the way to somewhere.
Ullapool would have to feature cos it has good camping & plenty of hotels. Likewise Lochinver where the pies come from.
We might not even get to JOG, not a problem cos frankly it's shite.

So what we're talking about here is more of a beer and gastronomic trip up the west coast of the country.

May would be best to avoid the midges and tourist traffic doing the NW500, although midges do form part of the true Scottish experience.
dizzydot's Profile
dizzydot

In: Middle earth
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

I could join in the northern part.. I have a few long weekends in may depending on dates πŸ˜€                                                                                                                                                                             
EMDEE's Profile
EMDEE

In: Hamilton
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Morning bmrs, I'll tag on from the Monday or there abouts from your route near hamilton .                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Bugger be in Belfast 15th of May                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

now you've given them a date on which to save on translation costs ya numpty!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 658 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption