Storming the castle

36 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 30/08/2023 11:47:20 by NJW | Go to original / last post
alpinab14's Profile
alpinab14

In: dunfermline
49% Karma49% Karma 49% Karma49% Karma

Hiya folks , hope everyone is doing ok ,was wondering is there many folk going to storming the castle in the 1st weekend of September ? and if so what can i expect ? thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

I love this rally, although I havent had the opportunity to get there in recent years.

Witton Castle is great. Assuming things haven't changed too much since I last attended, there are toilets and hot showers (coins required) at the Castle, and a small provisions shop but as stated it's a long time since I was there.

The guys/gals who run the rally are great and it's well organised. Bands are usually brilliant, saw Levellers there several times in 90's. My kids were tiny but loved the whole thing. There was a family field, so if its still the same I would make sure you are in the right camping area for you.

The food stalls used to be very nice but again it's been a while since I've attended.

I note Angel Fire are playing, they are a reasonably local band to me and played YRBS at Squires last weekend. They always go down well.

If you forget any camping gear, get yourself along to Johnson's of Leeds (army surplus supplies) they have all sorts of stuff available, again local to me and I know them well 😊

Have a great time!
peter1200gs's Profile
peter1200gs

In: Barnsley
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

I’m going as some others from here although not coordinated or on the events section on here. It’s a great rally.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

I'm sure you will have a wicked time πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ»                                                                                                                                                                             
Tracie's Profile
Tracie

In: Malton
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Verry good time                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Now on events, get yersel added if you're going......

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/events/event.asp?event_id=6638

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Its an awesome rally done this myself for over ten years never miss it have got friend coming from all over uk to meet up with " stop say hi" if passing                                                                                                                                                                             
alpinab14's Profile
alpinab14

Hiya Lindsay ,hope your doing good , thats brilliant info thanks , its crazy after all these years theres still so man festivals and rallies to be discovered , but thats great thanks im definitely going to check this one out thanks x                                                                                                                                                                             
alpinab14's Profile
alpinab14

hi peter , thats great thanks il keep an eye out for yous , thanks also Tracie just hoping its a nice dry one apart from that everything else should take care of itself , thats spot on Izzy thanks ive popped myself down on the list , thats great CID76 ive no idea about what camping fields ect there will be but il keep my eyes open for everyone unless everyone will be scattered all over the place lol
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

No probs Shaz, have a fab time. Let me know if things have changed since I was last there. I may well go next year.                                                                                                                                                                             
alpinab14's Profile
alpinab14

Hiya Lindsay , aww thanks yea will do , apparently theres 2 camping fields , one big open one and one in the woods a bit more private which i think the open one will be more fun but the one in the woods nicer to chill/sleep in so will see when i arrive , for next year im so tempted to pop up a Europe trip in the events with the help of others of-coarse, there used to be 1 trip a year with chris (madscots) to usually germany and it was amazing , loved those trips , its something were missing a wee euro trip once a year, what do you reckon ? x
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

I think it's an ace idea. Go for it!

I just need time to drop some weight and find myself a pilly seat, so give me at least 7 months. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Enjoy yourself immensely, I'm really envious, wish I was Stormin' the Castle. πŸ™„                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Don't forget to take note of the start time for this Shaz, no rocking up when everyone's gone to sleep, as late as that is!                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Aww, C'mon Izz-ster, Shaz is The Midnight Cowboy and to ask him to change his schedule is nigh on impossible. I'm sure he will, ride onto site very, very, quietly. 😲😡                                                                                                                                                                             
alpinab14's Profile
alpinab14

Haha you pair of lovelies have got to know me too well lol , funny thing is i always try and do things in a timely fashion but life always seems to have other plans lol                                                                                                                                                                             
peter1200gs's Profile
peter1200gs

In: Barnsley
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

We pitch up in the far field, guess it’s the wooded one you mention, not really quiet lol. Will keep an eye out for you. We get there lunchtime ish.
----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Haha you pair of lovelies have got to know me too well lol , funny thing is i always try and do things in a timely fashion but life always seems to have other plans lol...

Benh's Profile
Benh

In: Grantham
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Going up on own as been let down at the last moment, nice to meet up                                                                                                                                                                             
alpinab14's Profile
alpinab14

Hi Benh , il be heading down myself as well , i stay in Edinburgh but all my camping stuff has wound up near leeds so on friday im going to have to ride down to leeds then do a u turn then head to storming so il probably be way behind everyone else but thats normal for me but see yous down there , will be a good weekend , il keep my eyes open for petes bike in the camp site chears
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

You should use what.three.words to let others know where you've pitched, especially if trying to save a pitch for them, but also to just find each other.                                                                                                                                                                             
alpinab14's Profile
alpinab14

thats a great idea Izzy , would be good to be together                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6250 seconds. There are 668 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption