IoM TT

15 Posts | Latest replyย on 26/05/2022 20:39:47 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
MAC IoM's Profile
MAC IoM

In: Isle of Man
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

So excited, it's nearly here after a very long break - who's coming over to see us this year then? ๐Ÿ˜Š                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

I wish I was. It's a few years since we last went, the TT is an awesome thing that everyone who rides a bike should experience.                                                                                                                                                                             
MAC IoM's Profile
MAC IoM

Lots of changes over the years though Steve, not all for the better ๐Ÿ˜’, but still a great experience ๐Ÿ˜Š                                                                                                                                                                             
bcjone's Profile
bcjone

In: Ilford
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

All being well I'll be over on the 28th for the whole fortnight. Very much looking forward to it and trying to keep an open mind about some of the changes. Really hoping the radio coverage isn't going to lose its appeal ๐Ÿคž                                                                                                                                                                             
MAC IoM's Profile
MAC IoM

Well I hope you have a fab time and the weather holds out. If you need local contact for anything message me, happy to help where I can                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Always been on my bucket list to do but always been put off by the accomodation scramble for the event. Not sure this is still the case but friends have informed me that everything is pre-booked in advance and your left with a tent miles away from any life or a mud hut in the fields ๐Ÿ˜‚
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

There is that Mick, accommodation is a challenge and if you're camping and the weather goes 'orrible its not easy to pack up and go home.
Fortunately SWMBO has friends in Ramsey we stayed with the live music scene there was brilliant.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Is it true theyโ€™ve got cameras and cut the speed limit down to 30mph over the mountain?.                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Ditto Steve. Heard that people that go regular, pre-book while there, for the following year.
So with that a definite challenge to finding something.                                                                                                                                                                             
kittyhawk's Profile
kittyhawk

In: Leeds
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

Hoping to get over next year instead. I'll have missed out on my marshal discount on the steampacket but it's still worth it.                                                                                                                                                                             
MAC IoM's Profile
MAC IoM

Hi All, re accommodation yes can be bysy, and travel, and yes, often booked far in advance. Campsites have improved a lot over the years. Homestay is very popular and monitored/registered via Tourist Board.

Some restrictions around course in recent weeks re roadworks in prep for races. During race fortnight mountain one way, open to all motorised traffic (not pushbikes) and no speed restrictions except for beginning/end whilst traffic filtering. Can still get done for dangerous driving/riding though. Village speed restrictions enforced.
MAC IoM's Profile
MAC IoM

Hey Kittyhawk, we look forward to welcoming you next year ๐Ÿ˜Š                                                                                                                                                                             
Moto996r's Profile
Moto996r

In: Nottingham
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Haven't been since 2017, you know life gets in the way sometimes, hope to be going next year.                                                                                                                                                                             
MAC IoM's Profile
MAC IoM

Moto996r like the pic with Joey, did you not get one with Hizzy?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Heading over early Tuesday.
Certainly been missed over the last cpl of years                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 857 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption