Return to Teesdale

40 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 18/05/2022 08:47:44 by SusiPop | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

Anyone interested in a return trip to Middleton-in-Teesdale?
Either later this year or next Easter? Or both?
There is a big gap of BM events between Wales (10th June) and Barmouth (end of August), so we could do something July or early August.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Sounds great to me Steve, although I don't know where Trev will be during those time frames.

He is, of course, an international jetsetter! Well more trainsetter.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‚πŸ€£

This year, next year, defo up for both. The roads are just fab-u-lous 😍
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Can we call dibs on your man cave? Can't afford to drop another Β£400 on hotels, not now, not next Easter.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Lindsay, I kept telling everyone the roads are good up here.
They kept going to North Wales or the Peak District National Carpark for some reason. πŸ˜†                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Β£400 ?!?! Wtf... πŸ™„πŸ˜³πŸ€¨

The Belvedere over the road was fab, clean, ace brekkie and much cheaper than that!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

That was all-in Lindsay, full board and the drinks tab - though we're sure they missed a few ciders on that!                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Yowzers! Thank God they missed a few ciders...

B&B, and food/drinks through day came to half that amount.

Can't comment on petrol costs though πŸ™„πŸ˜³πŸ€¨                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

Sounds wonderful.. I'd even attempt to turn up with all limbs operational 🀣                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ @Strom ... As if!

Although it would be good to see you without a lurching limp! πŸ˜‰                                                                                                                                                                             
alpinab14's Profile
alpinab14

In: dunfermline
49% Karma49% Karma 49% Karma49% Karma

absolutely steve count me in , strom hopefully your ankle is getting better mate , Lindsay , the teesdale hotel was decent as well incase yous fancied that as an option also , will be happy to stay there again x                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I've been down to the Teesdale tonight, Dave (the manager) says 'yes please' to bringing you all back πŸ˜ƒ                                                                                                                                                                             
alpinab14's Profile
alpinab14

In: dunfermline
49% Karma49% Karma 49% Karma49% Karma

Awesome we shall return                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜Š Name the date Steve ....                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Wasn't there talk of a seperate gathering up Alnwick way or was that just the beer fuzzing my memory?                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Strom check out:
A northern BM camp?
I think that's the one you are referring to it was posted 2021. πŸ€”

Apologies if I'm wrong 😁                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

You are quite correct Lindsay however there was talk whilst in Middleton-in-Teesdale at Easter of a trip further north to facilitate exploring the East Coast and Holy Island etc as it was a long ride from MiddletonπŸ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

There was, and possibly still is, but I ain't done anything yet about a Northumberland camps.
A day trip to Lindisfarne isn't a problem for half a dozen bikes - you just need to be prepared to thrash a bit πŸ˜€, but I just wasn't prepared to chance it with 25 bikes on a bank holiday, I would have lost people for sure.

Soooo......
From here Lindisfarne is about 2 hours brain out riding, about 3 sensible progress and about 8 hours 'live to ride, ride to live' cruiser territory πŸ™‚
How about the weekend 8 - 10 July? Lindisfarne safe tide crossing on the 9th is 13:35 to 22:00.
Booking B&Bs might be a bit more of a faff cos it's holiday season, but it's July so it should be campable.
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

The Teesdale is fully booked that weekend πŸ™„                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Same with Belvedere.

Looks like it may be campsite ...                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

The other good tides option is the 23rd July, otherwise your camping.
But it is peak season so accommodation will be at a premium everywhere.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6641 seconds. There are 487 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption