Back to Balloch O'Dee

82 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 20/07/2022 09:47:03 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Tomorrow is meal prep and freeze day...
Wish me luck!                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

Sorry but there is a restriction on the trade of 10mm sockets....

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Oooo, shiny things! Danny's a sucker for shiny tools πŸ”§                                                                                                                                                                              
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Quote:
Sorry but there is a restriction on the trade of 10mm sockets....

Surely that precisely what these Border Reiver camps are there to circumvent????                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

I thought James 1st (6th to some) got rid of the Reivers ?                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Depends how minimum pricing varies the cost of bottle either side of the border; but you'd have to ask our resident sheep expert about any actual rustling that may still continue.                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Just watch it behind the wall

"They may take our lives but they will never take our freedom arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜œ                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Put your 'skirt' down Mick!!
πŸ€”πŸ™„πŸ˜¬πŸ˜³                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Flash flash 😜                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

My eyes, my eyes, I cannae seeeeee! πŸ™ˆπŸ§                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

Brings an whole new meaning Lindsay to the event heading 'Back to Balloch πŸ€­πŸ€­πŸ˜ƒ                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Just a heads-up for anyone coming up from Squires.
The A1 is likely to be busy and the A66 gridlocked with everyone going to the Lakes.
To avoid the traffic from J50 on the A1 take the A6055 (that's part of the old A1).
At Scotch Corner aim for the B6275 to Piercebridge and then the A67 to Barnard Castle.
You know the way from there.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Just before M-in-T is Middleton, which is good for petrol.                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

You might mean Mickleton... The garage there was much cheaper than the one in Middleton-in-Teesdale at Easter πŸ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Please make sure if your are coming to camp, to mention your part of izzys group. As it's seems to be getting busy. So best to book. Only 5 booking that site manager knows off. Don't want to turn people away. Or we just camp cosy lol πŸ˜†                                                                                                                                                                             
alpinab14's Profile
alpinab14

In: dunfermline
49% Karma49% Karma 49% Karma49% Karma

thats a good shout danny , i sent them an email quite a few days ago but never heard anything back from them so il give them a bell tomorrow                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Aye you're best to give them a call might be busy on site and not caught up with emails yet                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

James, the owner, was away yesterday and his wife said I'd be better emailing. James did get back to me by email.

I said that I was expecting approx 12 tents/bookings (16 peeps); he has 5!

There might be others that he hasn't linked to us, but has asked us to "keep a reasonably tight camp" as he is expecting to be busy.
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Ok, who snores ...? Line up please...

Also do I get extra points for booking? πŸ€”πŸ˜‰                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Well I'm booked in. I expect the "can't find my own arse with both hands and an instruction manual" people who haven't will be allowed to sleep in a midge infested bog outside of the main campsite :-)

Regarding snoring DizzyDot is a mistress of that sort of behaviour - a constant cacophony of wind throughout the night from both ends.
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Actually what I meant to post was about the ride up for those that are foolish enough to want to join me for the ride up. I'm heading cross country and avoiding motorways and major A roads whenever possible. This won't add miles but it will mean lot of wiggly bits.

I'll be leaving Middleton in Teesdale about 11:00 then heading Alston, Brampton and then Longtown where we can stop at the Sycamore Tree cafe.
From there it's Gretna where I intend to pick up the B721 / B724 towards Dumfries. Those from the deep south who are missing dense impenetrable traffic can hop onto the A75 instead.
A few miles past Dumfries I will be taking off on the New Galloway road which eventually leads us to Newton Stuart. It's an entertaining run but if you would rather go in a straight line feel free to stick on the A75. I appreciate some of you who have travelled far might just want to get there by that point.

Aldi and Sainbury's at Newton Stewart for supplies.
Petrol on the way at Alston, Longtown, Gretna, Dumfries and Newton Stewart - prices from the sublime to the ridiculous.
Actually most likely just ridiculous!

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 480 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption