Lakeland weekend?

10 Posts | Latest replyย on 18/06/2021 14:53:17 by jinx57 | Go to original / last post
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Alas, no Pistons and Pints this year.
So...who might be up for an informal camping weekend on the edge of the Lake District on the same dates, June 25-27?
The A595 Cafe - formerly the Bridge cafe - in Millom is pitched squarely at the biker market. Friendly owners, an amazing sunken garden with pond, firepit and burger bar, and a camping field at the back.
The camping field, it has to be said, is a bit rough and ready right now, but it's good enough. Wonderful Lakeland roads and the high passes of Wrynose and Hardknott to sort out the men from the boys and the ladies from the girls!
ยฃ10 a night. If there's enough interest I can set it up on the events pages.
Vicky1300's Profile
Vicky1300

In: Wirral
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Sounds like a great plan! I'm in!๐Ÿ˜                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

That sounds tempting Wills, there is some good riding around there without getting into the traffic hell that is the central Lakes.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Be warned about Wrynose and Hardknott.
It is tight, single track and in places very steep.
If you get a clear run it's great fun but summer weekends it is very, very busy so you will be stop start all the time.
You will also have to take occasional trips off the tarmac to avoid someone coming the other way, if anyone is tippy toe on their bike that'll be a challenge.
Last year it proved terminal for the clutch on Scootie ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
But if anyone is taking an extended fork chopper over I'll be there to watch the show ๐Ÿ˜†
Wills's Profile
Wills

I - or to be more accurate we, as there were half a dozen of us - did both only a few weeks ago. That's when we discovered the A595 caff.
The only real problem is the road surface at the top of Hardknott. Tight steep hairpins, as you say, then as your exit line comes into sight while climbing, there's a fecking great pothole waiting to trap your front wheel. Over and over again.
If Pistons and Pints had been a go-er, Rosedale Chimney Bank in North Yorks would have been next on the rideout list.
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

As well as Wrynose, Hardknott and Chimney the Devil's elbow at Keld in the Yorkshire Dales on route to Tan Hill ๐Ÿค”                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Wrynose, Hardknott, Chimney Banks ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป, as is Keld and I do like Buttertubs, Tan Hill n Ribblesdale, lots of great roads๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿปalmost too much choice.

It's a long time since I've been, far too long.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

To say nothing of Bwlch y Groes in North Wales, aka the Hellfire Pass. Second highest road in Wales and on the south side can give Wrynose a run for its money.
The highest road in Wales is the Gospel Pass near Hay on Wye. Different thing altogether as it takes a long, slow run up going from south to north, about 10 miles or so of single carriageway. Trouble is, right now there's a landslide about half way - but where there's a bike, there's a way through!
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Something has come up Wills see I won't be camping.
If this is still on I'll most likely pop over to see you all Saturday, it's not too far from mine and makes for a good ride out via Hartside.                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Being in my favourite chunk of Britain,i will give this due consideration..watch this tent space...๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3906 seconds. There are 563 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption