browser updates

13 Posts | Latest reply on 30/04/2021 08:43:50 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

Is anyone else getting a banner across the top of the site header asking you to install an update for chrome? I know enough about computers to be very wary of anything that pops up and I am a bit suspiscious of this one in particular.                                                                                                                                                                             
Cupid Stunt's Profile
Cupid Stunt

In: Hope Valley
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Not on mine....                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

Nope but then again I've already got Chrome on my phone 🤔                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

No sign on my pooter or phone...🤔                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

t'iz a strange phenomena, it doesn't appear on the laptop or the desktop I have used for a few years, and yet another desktop that I built at the same time as the other one got this banner across the top of the BM page. I suspected it was a scam as it appeared as a banner not a pop up you normally get from MS. So peeps, if you get a yellow banner across the top of any web page that informs you of a 'critical update for chrome 90', don't install it as I couldn't find any reference to it on windows or microsoft update centres, it is probably malware of some sort.
rocker21's Profile
rocker21

In: aylesbury
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

install something like malware bytes to clear it out, also install file assassin to remove any files that wont be deleted, personally i dont have this problem as i run Linux not the windows rubbish                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

Those two apps rocker, do you just search for them as you have typed them? I don't use a computer professionally so anything more sophisticated is redundant and quite possibly beyond my technical skill level.                                                                                                                                                                             
rocker21's Profile
rocker21

In: aylesbury
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

yes you can google them, another one that useful is c cleaner (used to be called crap cleaner)                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

Thanks rocker, I'll look into that.

yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

As rocker says Malware bytes and C Cleaner.
Also avast browser cleaner.
https://www.avast.com/c-browser-cleaner-tool

Things I do is run my antivirus and Malware bytes periodically to clean out my pc. It's amazing how hidden threats get in and this is one of the causes of a slow unresponsive machine.

Also make sure you are up to date with Windows updates.
Things like Defragging and disc clean up can help, but usual C Cleaner helps a little with that.
Important though Defragging is not required with an SSD hard drive but more beneficial with an old Sata drive.

Don't forget that Windows are advising everybody to be on more up to date OS such as Windows 10 now. As Windows 7 & older (Vista, XP) are all open to security threats now like an open window as Microsoft have stopped updating those OS.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi guys,

Another to look out for is a text message advising that Google need to configure the phone , a very obvious scam along with all the texts from banks asking for verification of a new payee .... yeah .... right ....

I also had a notification saying that the BM app wasn't recognised and to click a link to verify ..... I've used the app for over two years ????

I'm an absolute technophobe . Could anyone suggest extra security for Samsung android ? The phone has standard built in , but I'm getting concerned now !

yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

I use free AVG for Android. You can pay for extras with any antivirus but personally free should be good. It's up to you if you want a little more protection.

Here's reviews on different Android antivirus. Take your choice. I wouldn't download from this link just go to your play store type in the name & find. Plus you can then see other recommended antivirus while searching.
Download app to your phone and keep it running in the back ground. While running it should be very low consumption regarding battery time.

https://www.trustedantiviruscompare.com/best-free-antivirus-for-android?gclid=Cj0KCQjwsqmEBhDiARIsANV8H3atar23Kc7hX3bEi4Oi0f1VxZuXRHsvS12t6bkCS4RImtvTGjye80MaAjyqEALw_wcB
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Many thanks YM 😊, I shall have a look.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8130 seconds. There are 567 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption