Ride In at GCR Rothley Station; 25th April

83 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 03/05/2021 17:09:45 by Strom67 | Go to original / last post
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Sorry, gonna be a party pooper but I have to say, surely it would be better to purchase cakes/drinks etc from the cafΓ©, as they have been closed through lockdown and clearly would have not had any income at all throughout that period?

I also feel it's only polite NOT to take food onto a business premise where food is prepared and sold. Whatever happened to manners... When we've had birthday celebrations etc in Matlock and at Squires, I have always checked beforehand with the business owners/managers that it was ok to have a birthday cake or two outside. They have always appreciated the fact I've asked and I was given paper plates n paper napkins by the guys in Matlock!

πŸ€”I must be getting old, being thoughtful doesn't seem to be at the top of folks list at the moment. #just sayin'

Enough from this old lady. Enjoy your day tomorrow guys πŸ‘πŸ»
BikerNess69's Profile
BikerNess69

In: Wolverhampton
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Awww Lindsay sorry you feel that way. In no way was I being rude because im so skinny I need to gain weight so I eat loads. So will order food and drinks from the cafe also but was just bringing a few home made welsh cakes that I know people wanted to try. I dont see an issue with that. I have always done it and always asked when I'm there to which they reply thats fine because you're purchasing drinks and food. Its not like I'm going with a packed lunch. Box of cakes. Flask of tea. Ect... so I dont have to spend money.

Hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Have a wonderful day in this weather 😍
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

For the Southern and Eastern contingent 1 HR 15 mins from Brampton Hut is at the legal limit all the way.. Trains just before 12 and just before 2 so it's up to you what time we leave Brampton Hut but catching up time on route might not be a good plan.. See you in the morning.
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Jessica, as long as we are subtle there shouldn't be a problem.. I understand Lindsay's point and agree with the principle.. However, they are nice people and the chef is a bit nervous at catering for us all quickly enough anyway.. I thought the cakes were for my birthday anyway, were only 5 days late πŸ˜‰
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Just voicing my own thoughts VS. I never considered the owners/staff to be anything but 'nice'. Merely pointing out that purchasing food (including cakes!) and drinks directly from them would be greatly appreciated. Rather than BYO, especially without checking with them that it's ok to do so, beforehand.

Guess it's different strokes for different folks as the saying goes.

Hope the weather is as good as today and everyone gets there n back safely. πŸ‘πŸ»
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Without labouring the point Lindsay, everything you previously said I agree with.. We will all partake of their goods only at the cafe but when we head back to the car park area, a bit of fun between a few of us beside our bikes shouldn't offend anyoneπŸ˜‰ Nuff said 😁
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Sorry can't make it hope you all have a great day                                                                                                                                                                             
Cupid Stunt's Profile
Cupid Stunt

In: Hope Valley
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Another time JP                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

My prescence will be compensation enough...πŸπŸ˜†πŸ‘πŸŒž                                                                                                                                                                             
Cupid Stunt's Profile
Cupid Stunt

In: Hope Valley
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Norm's missed his ferry and is stuck on an island...... ironic when he's on a sailing boat........ so you're making up for 2! πŸ˜†                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Who gets to eat the extra bacon roll?                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Most definitely                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

Vstrom you are looking at it from the wrong perspective, what you should be thinking is that there will now be enough bacon rolls for everyone who turns up now JP isn't attending. Be on your highest alert though if BJ arrives. My advice would be to put an armed guard around any and all ice cream vendors in order to safeguard supplies.
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Noted D6... Will be on my guard πŸ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

I can read you know.
Just lol                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

Fantastic day today, location was superb, nice to see so many friendly faces. Lovely day, thanks to Nick for organising this                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

No issues with lack of food or drink, even if cake portions weren't that great... πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ 8                                                                                                                                                                             
rocker21's Profile
rocker21

In: aylesbury
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Good Day, nice to see folks, might be worth another trip when it's all open                                                                                                                                                                             
GHW's Profile
GHW

In: Black Country
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Evenin' you lot.

Great day out - steam trains - coffee and cake - good weather and good company.

And it looked like this :----->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izv46c1OMsQ
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Looks like you all had a fab day and the steam trains are lurverly. Sorry I missed you all but will get to one of the meets before Christmas πŸ˜‚! ✨

Cool pics and great vid GHW                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 798 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption