bike knocked over

6 Posts | Latest reply on 24/03/2021 22:23:00 by Declan | Go to original / last post
Tobzz's Profile
Tobzz

In: Shrewsbury
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

how much does a pro respray job on fairing cost with original stickers im trying to work out if my zx9r is going to be classed as an insurance write off or not his insurance company is offering to sort it out as they have admitted fault, made it clear not making a claim with them but sent pics for their tec people to look at they recon its border line between write of and repairable without proper looking at the bike. The tail fairing would need doing plus one of the side panels nose fairing has big split so that would have to be new plus headlight small crack, small dent in tank left hand foot hanger snapped rear indicator bust and other scuff marks
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Unlikely to be painted they will replace the panels if available. But fora fairing on a BMW I was quoted £1400.00                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Chipsaway did mine on my drive for £128, metallic silver. Took hour and a half and looked better than original. That was front fairing and fork legs. Most of their operatives are bikers themselves.                                                                                                                                                                             
rico's Profile
rico

In: harrogate
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

I had my zzr1100 done by rapier paintwork in hull when it fell off the stand it cost £950(both side panels and the nosecone +some plastic welds)and it was perfect. Can you still get the stickers for your zx9, what year is it?                                                                                                                                                                             
rico's Profile
rico

In: harrogate
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

It might be cheaper to buy another bike and swop all the bits you need then sell whats left                                                                                                                                                                             
Declan's Profile
Declan

In: London
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

I got aftermarket panels for mine £110. I'd say the fit was 95% good. The remaining 5% i had to sort of stretch on. Still i understood the oem stuff was mega steep and i couldnt find anyone who'd paint plastic at the time.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Chipsaway did mine on my drive for £128, metallic silver. Took hour and a half and looked better than original. That was front fairing and fork legs. Most of their operatives are bikers themselves....

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3438 seconds. There are 981 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption