Stop the roll out of hardly used cycle lanes.

27 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 22/07/2022 12:32:42 by rocker21 | Go to original / last post
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Please Help: Here is your chance to tell the Minister of Transport, Grant Shapps to see sense and stop the roll out of hardly used cycle lanes. Please send the model email message we have put together to the Department of Transport Ministers, to convince them that these road narrowings and blockades were not voted for.

https://fairfueluk.eaction.org.uk/Shapps
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Done                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

And me                                                                                                                                                                             
Tr4cey's Profile
Tr4cey

In: Oxford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Done πŸ‘ŒπŸΌ Cyclists don’t use the bloody things in Oxford anyway πŸ™„                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

Done. Cyclists should be fined for not using cycle paths and blocking roads that they pay no tax or insurance to use!                                                                                                                                                                             
Igytom's Profile
Igytom

VStrom67 - I can't agree more, it is true nightmare at times. In other countries every cyclist must have a licence to use public road, so to prove at least some understanding of the Highway Code.

However we need to focus on having wide and open roads rather then perpetuating what came to our view and creating more of the same.

Retiarius's Profile
Retiarius

In: Bristol

You arrogant, ignorant twits - in the UK pedestrians, horseriders and cyclists have the RIGHT to use the road (except m/ways). It's the LAW. It cannot be taken away. Drivers and motorcyclists must acquire a LICENCE, which can be revoked at any time. Cyclists haven't usually asked for these lanes either, so don't blame them for not using them. Councils often use them to slow down speeders. Buy a copy of the Highway Code and then stick to what you know about instead of making unsupported rants about fellow two-wheel users.
Retiarius 9/7/22
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

Whoa! Steady on Retiarius don't burst a blood vessel or six!

The members you refer to as "arrogant, ignorant twits" most certainly are not! They are intelligent, hardworking, and friendly folk, some of whom are also moderators of this site.

As for the Highway Code I am 100% certain that they know the ins and outs of it, given they have been riding for many years, and one in particular is a Motorcycle Instructor!

May your blood pressure and your ranting decrease. 🀞🏻
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

Wow.... Funking hell.... Language Mister.... I thought we lived in a country of free speech and opinion... Maybe someone needs a chill pill. I would think it would make sense to use cycle lanes as it must be damn side safer. Just explain to a dizzy blonde how cycle lanes slow down speeders?? And nobody asked for cycle lanes...?? Well, I must disagree there.....
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

Well that was a swift response... It only took 4 months from the last post... I take it that Retiarius won't be signing the petition 🀣🀣🀣 BTW responsible horse riders do have insurance at least...                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

Considering the original post was made on 22/11/20, raking over old ground must be great fun. Presumably the decision was made and everything done and dusted during the intervening months. Unless the usual speed and alacrity of 'the powers that be' ground to a halt...

TBH, I neither know nor care. What I do object to is the tone of Retiarius' post. 😑
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

So we are "arrogant, ignorant twits" for asking the transport minister to stop the rollout of these cycle lanes that in your own words "Cyclists haven't usually asked for these lanes either, so don't blame them for not using them." So what is the point of keep rolling them out?
And where does it say we was asking him to remove the rights of pedestrians, horseriders and cyclists?

Sounds like you're the arrogant one thinking your opinion is more important than ours and making your own story up so you can have a rant instead educating us on where we are wrong, That's if you can.
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Fookin hell and you said im a grumpy barstool.
Sounds like some fat lazy truck driver just reversed over his bicycle in a cycle lane as they were trying to push a pedestrian into the ditch and scare the horse rider into falling backwards of the horse and landing in the pile of shite that said horse just left on the road.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I'm gonna add my bit 😝😝

the crt (canal and river trust) are now getting large chunks of money from gov to turn towpaths into cycle tracks 😳😳😳.......

i started my boat life in Nottingham and speeding cyclists knocked several pedestrians over, collided with a puppy exiting boat and think it's ok to simply ring bell very loudly so you jump out of their way!!!!

i heard there is a website where cyclists compare fastest times fir doing a certain route 🀬

i know there are considerate cyclists too
dynax's Profile
dynax

In: Doncaster
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

I am a very considerate cyclist, I only ever use the fekking thing when I really have to 🀣🀣🀣 but I refuse to wear the lycra πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ                                                                                                                                                                             
Hipotomuse's Profile
Hipotomuse

In: Carlisle
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Greetings Retiarius I had a look at your profile and you have clearly stated that you are OPINIONATED Just like everyone else who has posted in this thread. Ahem. Harleyy the web thing is Strava but as you have mentioned CRT I thought I would ask you if they are still a bunch of little Hitler's as the last thing I heard of them they did not have the authority to tell you how far you had to navigate but could simply say that's not far enough and start serious intimidation of the boat owner
Moto996r's Profile
Moto996r

In: Nottingham
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

I object to being called a fat lazy lorry driver.

I'm a lorry driver, I'm fat and yes I'm lazy......oh never mind and pass me another Yorkie bar                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

i keep my head down and crack on with life 😁

i don't know the full ins and outs so I'll leave it there hipitomuse 😁😁

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Greetings Retiarius I had a look at your profile and you have clearly stated that you are OPINIONATED Just like everyone else who has posted in this thread. Ahem. Harleyy the web thing is Strava ...

rocker21's Profile
rocker21

In: aylesbury
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

Oxford has now got a lot worse, made cycle lanes on what is a major road costing millions and hardly any use but its near the major ambulance station and a fire station and now the road is gridlocked and the emergency services cant get through. we have also now got LTN (low traffic neighbourhood) and its causing chaos, small shops etc now closing as the delivery drivers cant get to them, people removing the bollards etc, no one wants them and its forcing the traffic on to a smaller amount of roads which are now grid locked, but the council wont listen over 65% voted against them.
Hipotomuse's Profile
Hipotomuse

In: Carlisle
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Best way Harleyy                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6875 seconds. There are 580 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption