How long have you been riding bikes

8 Posts | Latest reply聽on 14/10/2020 11:34:48 by p贸g mo th贸in | Go to original / last post
NorfolkNgood 's Profile
NorfolkNgood

In: Norwich
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

i just worked it out , i have been riding bikes for 51 years . my Dad and two uncles used to race bikes , my first bike ride was around snetterton race track at 9 years old . on a 1924 350cc TT model sunbeam , that's when the Norwich straight was still in use .
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

hi norfolkngood been riding my own bikes since i was 17 way back in 1979,before that my dad used to secure me on the back of his bike with his judo belt no idea how young i was at the time hadn't started school then                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

My old field bikes from around 12,on the road from 16,but we didn't have a car until the 70's,so i suppose Dad's Tiger110 with sidecar was my first 'ride',sitting on my mum's lap...60 something years..?And there's me a mere spring chicken,pmsl...馃悡馃悡馃悡                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

I started with a Kawasaki motocrosser aged 12. It belonged to one of the farm workers were I had a holiday/weekend job and we had the use of a 60 acre field complete with spinney and a disused railway line! Never wore a helmet, not quite sure how I'm still here...

First road bike was a Yamaha Rxs100, soon followed by a Honda Cb125 twin to sit alongside it (cost me 拢1or rather a pint of IPA.)

So to answer the question 41 years....
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

48 years and 6 years befor that on the back of my dad                                                                                                                                                                             
Lulu7's Profile
Lulu7

In: Belfast

Only about 7 years but was always into or around bikes from a really young age...                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

If we,re counting the years on the back of dads bike and in sidecar then its 63 years, 48 with my own wheels. A mere beginner.                                                                                                                                                                             
p贸g mo th贸in's Profile
p贸g mo th贸in

In: Thanet
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

A long time the 1st time was on a farm track on my mates motorcycle while still at school was a young teenager had bikes on & off all my life I hate being enclosed in a car but for a few years a car was more practical                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2969 seconds. There are 548 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption