Help slow puncher

17 Posts | Latest replyย on 06/08/2020 10:08:35 by SteamBiker | Go to original / last post
VibeDGranny's Profile
VibeDGranny

In: Walsall
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

I would like some advice on what sort of slime/gunk stuff is best for my bike tier please?                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

It depends on what wheels you have if you have tubed tyres then it dont work very often but tubeless most makes will work if the puncture is small. Most motorcycle tyre fitters can supply and add it to your tyres when being fitted but it can be very messy when you get a puncture
VibeDGranny's Profile
VibeDGranny

It's tubles & I'm trying to save money & quick fix it myself lol                                                                                                                                                                             
VibeDGranny's Profile
VibeDGranny

It need's a bit of air about every 3 day's if i ride it, iv not been on it for about 9 day's & it's not completely flat but so needs air in tire to ride it lol                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Tyres and saving money dont end well, Repair slime and most other quick fixes are get you to the garage or home.
As its a tube it a simple fix same as a push bike tube repair patch .                                                                                                                                                                             
VibeDGranny's Profile
VibeDGranny

It it tubeless so not like a push bike lol & i know it's ment only as a stop gap, till i can afford to get a new tire                                                                                                                                                                             
NorfolkNgood 's Profile
NorfolkNgood

In: Norwich
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

As a temporary fix i always carry a tube of good quality super glue , it always seems to work on punctures .                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

If you have a slow puncher.. I'd duck very quickly... ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

Budleum,tish....back in the knife drawer with you,missy
..๐Ÿ˜†                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Sort the puncture, do not rely on the temporary fix. The slime..etc is a get you home thing and will fail if you leave it..                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

Vibe - I've used something called ultraseal in the past. You put it in the tyre from new and it will seal any small puncture, and it does what it says, but its not cheap and there are downsides.
The ยฃ10 tubes of squirty foam are to get you home, they don't last and the tyre cannot be repaired afterwards.
Why not take the bike to your friendly bike or tyre dealer and see if the tyre can be repaired.
Some people tut tut at repaired tyres, others race on them.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Cheaper to get it repaired properly than keep doing temporary bodge repairs.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Slime like fixes are a bad move. All you do is push the problem down the line and it's a bitch to clean out your rims later.
Couple of things.. have you checked your tyre valve? Seated properly/leaking? Bit of spit on the finger and smear over.. watch for bubbles.
Have you had the wheel off? Big basin of water and rotate it through looking for leaks. I assume you have eyeballed all the way around looking for nails/shards etc and especially on the sidewalls. If you find the leak on the tread surface a standard sticky plug set is as cheap as Slime and not complicated to use plus get several uses out of it. Also the fix is long lasting so get the rest of the wear out of your tyre.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Slime-20464-Tyre-Plug-Kit/dp/B00C5TJ1MM/ref=sr_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=motorcycle+tyre+repair+kit&qid=1594289126&sr=8-13
Good to carry on any lengthy trips!
VibeDGranny's Profile
VibeDGranny

Thank you all, I managed to get someone out & had it fixed today! So im happy & safe to take doggo for a ride xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

BTW Biking mutts are cool! Love the goggles! Get you a tank bag big enough and watch him lean with you! :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
VibeDGranny's Profile
VibeDGranny

I have a dog carrier (like for a baby) that we use when we go pilly, but he loves his box lol                                                                                                                                                                             
SteamBiker's Profile
SteamBiker

In: Glasgow
24% Karma24% Karma 24% Karma24% Karma

With alloy wheels a slight loss of pressure could be corrosion on the rim where the tyre seats, rather than a puncture.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 648 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption