Drinks

18 Posts | Latest reply聽on 27/07/2020 23:20:05 by p贸g mo th贸in | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Am I the only one that isn't really bothered about going to the pub?                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Nope, the lack of decent watering holes near me leaves me with only having a drink at home unless there is a gathering of others from here, it also means I don't have to worry about how much I drink pr how to get home again afterwards.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

@double six, throughout this I'm sure I have cut back on drinking to be fair. Not the greatest drinker on the planet to start with.                                                                                                                                                                             
Gallowglass's Profile
Gallowglass

In: Hertford

If it was a pub attached to a good rally, then that would be another matter, but I'm not keen on just going to a pub to get out of my brain because it's a Saturday night and I can't think of anything else to do, and certainly not at the moment. I have just walked the dog and gone past a few pubs- social distancing? Er...no. Responsible drinking? Er...no. Throwing up in the street already? Er...yes. And that's the best time you can have? Maybe I'm just getting old, but I have a very tasty single malt at home, and a few friends to share it with. Sensibly.
zx12r ninja 03's Profile
zx12r ninja 03

In: hednesford
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Nope, I'm sitting watching TV with my daughter                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I think the NHS will be kept busy with all the alcohol poisoning going on these coming weeks.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
If it was a pub attached to a good rally, then that would be another matter, but I'm not keen on just going to a pub to get out of my brain because it's a Saturday night and I can't think of anything ...

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I have done that with my daughter tonight also

Quote:
Nope, I'm sitting watching TV with my daughter...

yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

No don't fancy it myself. For me my view is too risky at present.

Too many restrictions in place. There'll possible be long queuing up at the bar. They will stare you down if you hand over cash.

Some pubs are going to ask for your name/address on entry, so they can track and trace you just in case of an outbreak. Half of the tables will be removed so there'll be large boring gaps of people. If your not in a group you'll be shunned if you try to talk with others and approach them with small talk. There's just gonna be no atmosphere at all. Then there's the visit to the toilets and safe cleansing too.

Non starter for me 馃
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

I've got a couple of tins of Doombar in the cupboard and 6 n half litre bottles of Jack too. Not been touched since last year. I never drink alone or at home. Doombar is left over from last rally 馃ぃ馃槀 probably needs throwing away by now

I can't think of anything worse than being in a pub at this moment in time.

So no TLF you aren't alone!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hpme with the children' and whyte and mackay.馃檪. Waiting for the roads to dry.                                                                                                                                                                             
GrahamFJR's Profile
GrahamFJR

In: Kings Lynn
25% Karma25% Karma 25% Karma25% Karma

Not worth it at the moment. I鈥檓 in my camper on the north Norfolk coast having a vino with my daughter. Perfect. 馃槉                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I was hoping the weather was going to be better this afters, sadly got it wrong again :-(

Quote:
Hpme with the children' and whyte and mackay.馃檪. Waiting for the roads to dry....

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sounds good to me, enjoy.

Quote:
Not worth it at the moment. I鈥檓 in my camper on the north Norfolk coast having a vino with my daughter. Perfect. 馃槉...

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Good to hear Lindsay

Gallowglass's Profile
Gallowglass

In: Hertford

Heard about a Chief Constable (or some high up Polis) tweet this morning saying that social distancing and alcohol don't mix. The phrase 'no shit, Sherlock' came to mind....                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Town pub? I can do some basic sums if I use all my fingers and there is no chance I going to that end of a probability curve.
Local country pub for a food and a couple of pints? I'll see how it pans out but may pop along later in the week if I think its safe
At the end of the day we now all know the risks and are responsible for our own actions. Its just another one of those risk / reward ratio things.
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

Only pub i regularly go to is the Lower Lode Inn,a 50 mile round trip on a Sunday lunchtime,acres of room to sit well away from folk,and bikers always welcome...pubs local to me are pretty crap,so i don't begrudge a ride out for a pint ...:)>                                                                                                                                                                             
p贸g mo th贸in's Profile
p贸g mo th贸in

In: Thanet

Years ago I drank 8 to 10 bottles of Newky Brown when it was 5% now it's 4.7% before I started on Jack Daniel's now I hardly drink at all just the odd cider at rallies                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7266 seconds. There are 417 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption