Having a nosey moment ;-)

17 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 23/06/2020 11:14:20 by aozorasan | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

What got you in to bikes?
Family members, or just decided one day to take the test?                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

D.N.A....:)>
My Dad didn't own a car until the 70's ,had a Triumph Tiger 110 with a double adult sidecar,Mum used to ride a BSA Bantam,and all my older cousins and uncles were rockers,greasers,greebos...pre destined i reckon...:)>                                                                                                                                                                             
Gallowglass's Profile
Gallowglass

In: Hertford

I am the first biker in the family, just saw an R90S in 1974 and thought it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen- got on the road on a 50cc moped as soon as I legally could and have never been off two wheels since. Although the engines have got a little larger over the years...!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

CHiP’s and Streethawk πŸ˜‚                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

Seeing both brothers on bikes from a young age                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

My late dad used to be a board rider, aka Wall of Death, as well as a dispatch rider in the Army. It's in my blood. 😁

TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

My brother... In the 80s.... I always was a tomboy lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Definitely my Dad.                                                                                                                                                                             
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

The girl next door was going out with a Rocker/Greaser around 1970, he had a Triton and that was the start of it for me.
Bas*ards introduced the moped law in 71 I think it was, the longest 3/4 years I've ever experienced.
TBH I said at the time I'll never have a moped, but come 16 I gave in with a KTM (No Fizzy for me, no siree!!! 😎).

Never got a Triton in the end, but did race against Mr Triton (Dave Degens/Dresda.) loads in later years.
Simon1965's Profile
Simon1965

In: Leeds

Into bikes from an early age lived in Scarborough and went to the races from being about 5. Rode field bikes and then first moped at 16 . Rode in all weathers back in the day . Last few years i ride only a few times a year need to get that sorted πŸ™ƒ                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Bit similiar to Jinx.
My dad was a fifties rocker, with all the Brit bikes. In the 50's/60's my dad on the bike, ma on the back with her head scarf. They went all over with my auntie, uncle and friends on holidays. Then me and my brother came along in the 60's and we were put into a bushman sidecar 😁

My brother got into bikes first, then when moving from a 50 to a 250 he sold me his (had to be) a fizzy 50 and that's how it all begun 😎

Never looked back since πŸ‘

MikeBiker's Profile
MikeBiker

In: Conwy
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Through Sailing! Once at the London Boat Show there was a bike to sit on for some reason. That kindled an interest, which remained in the background for many years until a few other members of my group of friends at a sailing club had bikes and them gong off for rides around the North Pennines and Northumberland prompted me (and later another fiend there) to have lessons for direct access and buy a bike in '99 (Suzuki GSX600F).
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Dad rode bikes in the Army and taught me the mechanics of them from an early age. Passed my test when I was 16 and have been on them since.                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

I'm similar to Jinks as well, Dad had a Triumph Thunderbird and sidecar, I was on the Pilly from around 7ish but seamed to spend a lot of my time stood on the seat!! Sisters boyfriends had bikes to so as soon as l could I got a scrap d125 scooter made it work then swooped it for a Airel Arrow then a Norton ES2 with a sidecar that you could ride on l plates them, past my test and had a lot of BSA A10 which I kept blowing up and falling of. Then I built a Triton and used that solo summer and with a Steib sidecar in winter, after tuneing it I raced it, so that's part one part 2,3 and 4 will come later
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

None of my family were interested in road bikes. I had an ATV trike when i was 8, great fun, hellish for tipping, then moved to quads. Then boyfriend had a bike, went pillion, then decided he was going to slow, and went for my test- never looked back. :-)
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Lol at TLF's comment, boyfriend going too slow 🀣                                                                                                                                                                             
aozorasan's Profile
aozorasan

In: Wolverhampton

Mother and father both hard core bikers. Ride to work on bikes every day, my dad would even ride to work in the snow on his bike. I was the first in our family to have a car at 17, but I had a CD200 Benley too.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5859 seconds. There are 890 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption