XV1700 Exhaust! Can anyone help?

7 Posts | Latest reply on 05/02/2008 20:28:17 by shooter | Go to original / last post
Shy Tot's Profile
Shy Tot

In: Sheffield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Got my bike back from the states last month and is currently in the workshop going thru' a full overhaul. It's a Yamaha Roadstar XV 1700 (Wildstar in the UK I think) Anyway I have to put it thru' the SVA test before it can be registered. The current exhaust is too loud and will definitely fail does anyone know where I can pick up an old beat up (but operational) exhaust for it just to get it thru' the test. All donations will be greatly received.                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

on ebay yu see baffle inserts for sale intended to get yu through the mot! [ i assume thats wot there for!]                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
86% Karma86% Karma 86% Karma86% Karma

Well spotted Tango.  I PMed Shy Tot about a couple of exhausts on ebay, thought that's what he was after, full exhaust.   Sounds like baffle inserts would be cheaper and do the trick, but would they definitely pass the MOT?                                                                                                                                                                                
Shy Tot's Profile
Shy Tot

In: Sheffield

Thanks guys, will look at both options and let you know the results.                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

seems a lottery as my baffleless harley gets through every time!someone said it depends on the examimer an his tolerance![or if he's aHD owner!]what they are hot on is number plate visibility!                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

The SVA test is a lot more than just an MOT. Is required for any vehicle not registered in the UK. If you build a kit car or trike it must pass the SVA before being issued with a registration document and being allowed on uk roads. Ask anyone whoes built a trike from scratch and you'll understand how picky they are. Geek                                                                                                                                                                              
shooter's Profile
shooter

In: Bracknell

Are you SVA'ing it yourself?  I've bought a couple of my bikes back from the States and used D&K to ship them for me as they have a warehouse in Denver and have a dozen containers a year coming over.  They sorted out the SVA for me as well.  If you check my profile pictures you will see thay are all Yammi's and all with LOUD exhausts!   They aren't too far from you really, over in Newcastle Under Lyme.  They also bring in a lot of spares so they may even have some pipes for you.  Did you replace the whole system or just the end mufflers?  If just the end mufflers,  I may have some stock ones that may slip on knocking around.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4531 seconds. There are 1214 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption