Littering and the law

27 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 10/06/2020 17:52:18 by invalid characters | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
56% Karma56% Karma 56% Karma56% Karma

What with the continuing fine summer weather, the easing of lockdown rules, furlough and the lack of the usual forms of entertainment there have been a lot of visitors to the countryside.
This is fine in itself but a small proportion are insistent on leaving their rubbish. Besides been unsightly this is also a hazard to other visitors, wildlife and farming.
Local communities often pull together under these circumstances to tidy up afterwards, or if they are lucky the local council will step in.
My preference would to tackle the issue at source and recruit a team of snipers, we can then shoot the instigator(s) and bury them in unmarked mass graves.
I'm told that this might not be strictly legal, although I can't think why unless its the 'snowflake' mentality gone mad.
Does anyone here have the necessary expertise to let me know what the true position is in law?
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Dunno about the legalities but I suggest you don't bury them, just shoot them and leave them for the wildlife to eat. (Who said I was a saint, not me? ) 🀣

P.S it's raining here                                                                                                                                                                             
Gallowglass's Profile
Gallowglass

In: Hertford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Steve- sadly, legally inadvisable to state in advance you're going to shoot people. Although I agree with your sentiment; Section 87(1) of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 makes littering a crime with a fine of up to Β£2500- now curiously, not that many people end up in court (well, none at all, actually), so unless you're actually chucking stuff about in front of a bobby or a plastic plod who cares about you doing it...

Might I, instead, put forward the idea of re-deploying your snipers to simply take the offenders, turn them upside down and nail them to the nearest piece of solid timber- a few six inch nails and a tree or good fence post should do it. Just a suggestion...?
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
63% Karma63% Karma 63% Karma63% Karma

How about filming them and giving that to the police, still I don't suppose the police would do anything about that they would sooner chase motorists                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Speaking of legalities/law, I couldn't get an officer out when I was assaulted by one of my neighbours, they sent her a letter, but they came out the same day to another neighbour's visitor who was swearing at me while she was outside. Apparently it's a public order offence and you can be arrested, I think, and definitely prosecuted for it.

She was swearing at me cos she was angry that I'd asked her 'uncle' to turn the music down. She called me a racist (he's black) and a f***ING fat c**t when she wasn't getting her way, she told me to close my window, I was hanging out of it for some air. She threatened to 'get me' 🀣

I wonder what else a 30 something does when they get out of school.

Gallowglass's Profile
Gallowglass

Sandi- disliking excessive noise is now racist? I had no idea!                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Steve I know a good sniper.

He once shot the siren light off of a cop car with his air rifle, from his bedroom window πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€­πŸ€­                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

Hmmmm....no punishment is severe enough for litterers or flytippers in my opinion..one of my pet hates.Living in a relatively small village,i often swerve around the coffee cups,chip wrappers,drinks tins,KFC,Macdonalds',glass alcohol bottles(some unbroken) ,newspapers,etc.etc.on my way to the main road..
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Lol yes, according to her.

The neighbour downstairs to me called 999 to report me for harassment cos I asked her to turn down her loud music. The police sent me a letter saying I could go to court if I harass anyone else and this incident will be brought up against me. They never visited me or phoned me to get my version of events.
I was gutted. She is the one who assaulted me and they didn't interview her, just sent her a letter. Dunno what they put in the letter cos I didn't get a copy.

She also called the council to complain about me spraying air freshener on my doorstep. I asked the council officer if the neighbour told her WHY I sprayed it. She was smoking cannabis on her doorstep and the stench was coming into my flat.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote: Gallowglass
Sandi- disliking excessive noise is now racist? I had no idea!...
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

OK, so notwithstanding Gallowglass's slight concerns on some minor technicalities (which can most likely be alleviated by retrospectively deleting this post), operation 'mass extermination' can, in all probability, go ahead.
With this in mind and the ongoing Covid 19 thing I'm going to suggest the Glorious 12th, which might otherwise be cancelled, be re-titled as a peasant shoot.
This will have a multitude of benefits: income to the rural economy, a reduction in the grouse death rate (I'm a little ambivalent about this one) and a bloody good clean of the gene pool.
Jolly good show.
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Are we restricted to shotguns,or are fully automatic weapons allowed..? Interbreeding forms thick hides,i've found....plus i'm getting old and lazy,so less re-loading,please...:)
One final thought..we'd better hire a JCB,or we may get accused of leaving messy detritus lying around ourselves.. see you on the 12th πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

The Glorious 12th traditionally uses shotguns, although under the circumstances I would expect the use of fully automatic weapons be morally justifiable, if somewhat unsporting.
Most rural areas have someone that does contract work digging drainage ditches and I would hope to use those business to maintain community spirit.
Gallowglass's Profile
Gallowglass

Given the retrospective deletion of the intent message, please count me in for the cull.                                                                                                                                                                             
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex

Can't see it happening TBH, the army has been brought in to help and not one person breaching the lockdown guidlines has been shot yet!                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

Come on chaps, be sporting. The English way would be one shot one kill and only on moving targets. Only johnny foreigner would think it good sport to gun down an unsuspecting stationary target.                                                                                                                                                                             
Fink's Profile
Fink

In: West Wales
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

People who go to drive in food outlets should have their registration printed on the cartons, then when you find it you can hunt them down or blow their cars up                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

I hope to be free on the 12th and used to be better than average with a .303LE, however I think the problem is where to start. I too live in a pleasant village abused by passers-by too idle to take their rubbish home and intent on using it to decorate at speed our hedgerows and verges. Good idea Fink! Maybe we should add their address to post it too then send it minus any stamps so that they have to pay to receive it and keep the Royal Mail going to boot!

PS I also have my ticket for a 3CX with back hoe!
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Just referring back to D6's post about "sporting chance"...most pheasants are so tame,being hand-reared in pens,when they have a shoot meeting,they employ beaters to drive the birds out of woodland cover towards the chinless wonders with the guns...we as a nation have a long and fine tradition of decimating all our own native species,then going abroad and doing the same on foreign soil...even the Bonzo Dog Doodah Band celebrated "Hunting Tigers"...:(
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Steve,i might just have to bring my flamethrower along too...my neighbour seems to think barbeques(and bonfires) are essential EVERY sunny day this year so far...hoping his ateries are close to blocked by now,lol.
And does noise pollution count as littering too ??.(ref local spotty oiks with Shitroen Saxo's)
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Loving the amusing comments made in this thread. 🀣
Perhaps you could all put on a virtual show for us all, to break up the boredom of lockdown?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6836 seconds. There are 296 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption