Time to ride but think about this

9 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 20/05/2020 23:28:27 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Yesterday with the lockdown been lifted I took the bike out for a ride. Just a hundred miles loop to take me along Hadrian's Wall.
And very pleasant it was too, thanks for asking.

But I almost dropped a huge bollock. Petrol station, off the bike, tank open and then I almost grabbed the pump with a bare hand. Glove on fill tank and all sorted.
Keep this in mind folks, while your biking it is most likely your biggest infection risk. And use your right hand to hold the pump, if your going to pop the visor to scratch your nose while riding you'll use your left hand/glove.

Outdoors the biggest risk of infection will be contamination by touch i.e. petrol pumps, seats, gates, sheep, handrails etc.

Stay safe. Some of you have promised me drinks later and I'll be f*n livid if you have audacity to croak beforehand πŸ˜‹
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds

Most petrol stations have disposable plastic gloves at the side of the pumps. They are huge, so will fit over a bike glove well enough to allow you to fill ya tank.

I know this as I was in a queue for petrol over the weekend and three pumps had bikes at them and each rider put the blue disposable gloves on over their bike gloves, filled the tanks and then stuck the blue gloves in the bin. πŸ‘πŸ»
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
46% Karma46% Karma 46% Karma46% Karma

LoL at Steve's comment.

'Stay safe. Some of you have promised me drinks later and I'll be f*n livid if you have audacity to croak beforehand πŸ˜‹'

Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I'm rather disappointed that no one has picked on the 'sheep' bit. Nobody listens to a word I say, mumble, mumble, mumble. πŸ™„                                                                                                                                                                             
Wraith750's Profile
Wraith750

In: Stevenage
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

I spotted it Steve, but just didn`t want to bleat on about it :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Or use bare hands to fuel your bike and then, having paid, use sanitiser before you touch any of your personal objects, if there is virus on your gloves that you have used to protect yourself it may still be there when you get home...                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I took to laundering my money at beginning of this Covid thing. Sad, but true.
It's always a risk Trev about removing gloves and masks and the contamination thereon. I follow the principles I'd apply in an asbestos removal situation. Nothing is guaranteed but you can stack the cards in your favour.
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

I have to use a variety of different buses during a normal week, so i've brainwashed myself into using antibax wipes on keys,door handles,switchgear,steering wheel and even the mirror and top of dashboard before i'll drive off..needless to say,i spend just as much care on anything my passengers touch too...getting through an awful lot of wipes,hand gel,gloves and masks,but who cares as long as my elderly folk are protected..i make sure they all have PPE too...wearing gloves all day now,even when refuelling...not got into money laundering yet,but my cartel isn't that big,lol :)>
Stay safe and well peeps..xx
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
46% Karma46% Karma 46% Karma46% Karma

I'm allergic to sheep, their fleece and the lanolin, aka wool fat, that's made from it.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I'm rather disappointed that no one has picked on the 'sheep' bit. Nobody listens to a word I say, mumble, mumble, mumble. πŸ™„...

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5234 seconds. There are 838 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption