Biker 80's 90's Photos

13 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 04/05/2020 08:46:55 by Steve_H | Go to original / last post
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Hi all.

Found this nice little site on Facebook. Lots of photos from around the UK of bikers in the 80's and 90s.

You can also add your own memories and pics from your old photos.

So for anybody that's not seen this group and do Facebook, here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1628688430720757/?ref=share

Plus there's a similar one, on Facebook, looking at the old Kent Custom Bike Show:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/923902211134959/?ref=share

πŸ˜πŸ‘
Cornholio's Profile
Cornholio

In: Tell you later
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I posted loads of stuff on the Kent Custom Show page from when I used to go there in the 80's. It used to be a brilliant weekend, probably my favourite one out of all of them. I recently found loads of other pics of me and some of my mates from the 80's. Seeing the bikes we had brought back loads of great memories. Plus some not so great ones.
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

Kent was a fave too and was always an highlight of our groups year. From the ride down from Yorkshire and the party time there.

First one 87 and did a fair few after, along with the Bulldog.

Lots of very fond memories and great stories of those days πŸ˜πŸ‘
Cornholio's Profile
Cornholio

In: Tell you later
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

There used to be some great ones back in the day. Storming The Castle, South West Show, Bulldog Bash, Crazy Days, Kent Custom Show. Plus a few others that I can't remember at the moment. I was at Kent '87, that was some of the pics I found recently. I think I was about 18 or 19 at the time, something like that anyway.
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

Early Kent, Bulldog and Stormings were all good.

I remember one Kent year, were we all got stuck in the mud.

Also early Into the Valley, in Fridaythorpe village near Seaways cafe (before Sledmere house) were we got stuck again in the mud.

Early Farmyards at Foxholes and Duncombe PK, down in the bottom of the valley, with the notorious and sad flooding weekend. Thought the Farmyard the year at Pickering showground ( moved because of foot n mouth) was okay too.

Then the old Captain Cook rallies and the team sober ones I enjoyed at Ripon Race course, Rosedale village and Pately Bridge. Think it was all team sober πŸ€”
πŸ˜πŸ‘
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Loads of memories there YM, you made them all come flooding back, lots n lots more than I dare to list!!

The Farmyard, at Cat Babbleton Farm, Foxholes was and always will be the best venue. 😍❀️🧑 Beautiful site, the precarious ride down into the valley on that little track on a loaded bike. One year one of the lads decided it was a good idea to park his bike in one of the trees on the way down. πŸ˜±πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Camping alongside the stream/river with a mahoosive fire going all night long😍. Watching the bands play in the cobbled livestock yard, the inevitable wrestling matches that took place when there had been a little rain.πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Running hell for leather to the barn when the storms hit the valley and watching the lightning streak across the landscape with beer in hand.

The first year proper toilets with handwashing facilities were installed was a total revelation. We were most impressed by the tiny vases of flowers near the sinks. Ooh dead posh!

The team ride into Scarborough was always fab. Breaking down once coming back and getting caught in a storm. Ernie making a clothes drier for over the fire to dry my jeans n underwear out. It worked a treat, although I did seem to be wearing essence of smoked wood for a few days! 🀣

Most of all 'General' always sitting with his back to the livestock wall, beer in hand. As soon as he was spotted you knew it was party time! 🍻🍺
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

Fantastic Lindsay. I Love those fond memories. Lol πŸ˜‚
Especially the essence of smoked jeansπŸ˜‚

I remember Cat Babbleton well. Yes going down the hill was surely a mission. Up and down dicing with danger and the jigging in the farmyard mud. Throwing mud pies at each other and doing belly flops in the dirt πŸ˜‚

I remember going to Babbleton farm again, some years long long after the Farmyard had stopped. It was another rally (not called Farmyard) forgot rally name? and I'm guessing about 8 years ago. Amazing how small it was and I couldn't believe that they once did the Farmyard there. It was sure good to return for nostalgia.

We also did a rally just around the corner, one year in the foxholes area, at another small farm type site. But again I can't remember the name of the rally. Probably have a badge or ticket still somewhere.

Don't know if you've seen this from the 1990 Farmyard, but I'll supply the link anyway:

https://youtu.be/eTMM7FwQsQw

You never know Lindsay, you may be on it somewhere πŸ€” or you may recognise someone πŸ€”πŸ˜ Either way it should bring the memories back πŸ‘

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
46% Karma46% Karma 46% Karma46% Karma

Nice topic. πŸ™‚                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Just remembered I used to have a collage of old rally photos hung in a frame in the kitchen, think it may be another thing that is in the loft. πŸ€”

Looks like that's where I'll be going this weekend .. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ»                                                                                                                                                                             
Wraith750's Profile
Wraith750

In: Stevenage
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

I remember riding down to the Kent Custom Show from Hertfordshire for the first time as a new biker on my Yammie RS100, complete with L plates, in 1981. I rode down on my own to spend the day having a look round but bumped into a group of lads I knew from my local bike pub in Hertford & ended up staying overnight, sleeping in a ditch at the edge of a field with a plastic sheet stretching across from the bike. Not that is was needed because we were in a heatwave!
My first rally & one of the best weekends I`ve had. I still have the photos & went back for a few more years after too, on bigger bikes of course, although over time I gradually lost touch with all my mates from back then.
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

@wraith750, why not post a few on the Facebook link, n see if your mates see themselves n get in touch?

I'm not on FB but usually see old mates when at rallies up and down the country. Doubt that's gonna happen this year. πŸ™„πŸ€”                                                                                                                                                                             
Wraith750's Profile
Wraith750

In: Stevenage
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

Thanks Lindsay, I might look into that. They were certainly great rallies                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale

It's at times like this that BM could do with a way of posting pics.
Could we set up a 'virtual event' as a photo and chat thread?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4844 seconds. There are 895 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption