Kawasaki zzr600

16 Posts | Latest reply on 12/03/2020 09:57:31 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Pros and Cons before I pick it up Tuesday 10th March
Please let me know all the good and bad points 😁😁                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Only kwak I ever had was an 86 import and always enjoyed riding it. Strong egnines if they get clean oil on a regular basis                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

If the 600 is anything like the 1400 you will have immense fun on it.                                                                                                                                                                             
Tezza1958's Profile
Tezza1958

In: Scotter Common
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

I have a ZZR 600 lots of fun, only downside I have found is the front suspension is very soft, I put updated springs in mine and used thicker fork oil.
I also put bar risers on it to alleviate neck ache, only raises them 30mm but made all the difference.
All in all a cracking little bike, mine is 28 years old, have used it every day through the winter.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Regular oil change wont be a problem thanks JP. Took it for quick test ride yesterday and came back with a big old smile on my face so looks like FUN is the new word Double six. And Tezza yes front suspension was super soft had a JPZ600 so used to the neck issue but good idea with risers I just walked around with 2 tins of beans strapped to my head for 3 months to strengthen neck muscle 🤣🤣🤣wish I spoke to you earlier now
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

All the ZZR range have 3 things in common, smooth, reliable and go like shit off a stick! I had the 1100 and 1200 , immense!                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

I initially had a stiff neck after getting my 1400, bought a new helmet that was not quite as deep at the back. Problem solved.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yes , you do need to glue your head back on a few times till you get used to the acceleration.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Can I post videos on here too would be good to show reaction to first proper ride on zzr borrow my sons gopro 🤣                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Just picked up zzr and not that impressed tbh was expecting MAJOR power but must have been cold or shy also gearbox very clunky to the point I had to move my whole leg to get it in gear instead of just me foot ?? Any ideas on remedy probably sort it myself but just incase I dont think of something or there actually someone out there cleverererererer than I 🤣🤣🤣
Tezza1958's Profile
Tezza1958

In: Scotter Common
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

I have the ZZR600, they do have a noisy gearchange, should not be too much trouble shifting though, a bit clunky from neutral to 1st, a bit noisier from 1st to 2nd due to the neutral finder, other than that should be fine, if it is excessively clunky it could be the cushdive, but again should not be difficult to get into gear.
I have limited leg movement and manage mine just fine.
As for power, when you say MAJOR power, what are you comparing it to, its around 98bhp, ( 87bhp at rear wheel ), and I have to say mine is pretty quick, mine is an old one 1992 and is the 2nd fastest bike I have on the road, out of 5 its also the smallest one.
They do have a bit of a lag around 3000 rpm, but just wind it up and pull through it.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Found that out today mate full tank of fuel oil change new sparks put life back in the old girl 3hrs later I'm coming back from brecon she flew literally flew (keeping to speed limits obviously like responsible rider I am)                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

"responsible" 🤣😂 yeah, right Kwaka... We all believe you 🤔🙄😮                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Dont forget to change or at least clean the air filter for a bit more performance, if you havnt already done that.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks yarg 👍 I sure did 😁 see this is what I came on this site for😁 hoorah to the biker code 🤩🤩🤩                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Happy days! Enjoy the ride.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5781 seconds. There are 687 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption