Seriously ...?

9 Posts | Latest reply on 17/03/2020 12:13:22 by jinx57 | Go to original / last post
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

I can't believe what I've just read, absolutely ridiculous ...

Pontefract & Castleford Express
By Holly Gittins
Monday, 6th January 2020

Nuisance Pontefract rider told police he 'did not know what a no entry sign was'.

A nuisance rider told police he "didn't understand" what a no entry sign was.

The Wakefield Bike Cops said they had come across the man while dealing with nuisance riders in Pontefract on Saturday night.

After being confronted for his behaviour, the rider told officers that he did not understand what a no entry sign was, because it was not taught on the Compulsory Basic Training test.

Off road officers from West Yorkshire Police's Wakefield Bike Cops, also known as Operation Matrix, said they had issued a ticket to the rider and advised him to read the highway code.

All riders must take the CBT test before they are allowed to ride a bike or moped on the road.

Official guidance on the test notes that "your trainer can stop your compulsory basic training (CBT) course if your basic knowledge of The Highway Code and traffic signs isn’t good enough for you to ride safely."

The full tweet read: "Been dealing with nuisance moped riders in Pontefract tonight. One such rider stated he didn't understand what a no entry sign was because they don't teach it on a CBT! Ticket issued and a read of the highway code recommended."
😲🙄😳🤨🤯
WTF❓❗
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

You will be surprised what people don't know on the highway code when they show up for their CBT (including car drivers) however it's not an instructor's job to teach someone the highway code.
Most instructors will see if the student has a understanding of the highway code and I myself have knocked people back on element D (the part where the HC is mentioned) for lack of knowledge of it.
If they manage to fluke though that, lack of the HC generally will show up in the road ride.
Instructors, bike and car have been calling for the theory test to be taken before someone is given a provisional licence and when I broached this subject a few year back with one of the heads of the then DSA, now DVSA the reply was "But some people only want a licence for ID and it would need an act of parliament anyway"

For that rider, he must be a complete F**kwit, a No Entry sign is a universal sign so even if the rider come from another country he should have known what it meant.
Matt04's Profile
Matt04

In: Nottingham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Personally. I think 🤔 any one on the road L plates or not should do the theory and hazard test before the can get on a bike or in a car!!!! Just saying🙊                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Especially cyclists

----------------------------------------------------

Quote: Matt 04
Personally. I think 🤔 any one on the road L plates or not should do the theory and hazard test before the can get on a bike or in a car!!!! Just saying🙊...

jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

Sadly,most cyclists i encounter during the week have a frightening disregard for roadsigns,their own safety,spatial awareness,or how bad they look in lycra...:)>
It's not often i go out pedalling on my MTB,but at least it has ONE mirror fitted,in the interests of self preservation...:/>
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Since the introduction of cycle paths most cyclists think they can ride on ALL footpaths, and with total disregard for pedestrians. Even police officers cycle on non cycle paths and on the wrong side.
Cyclists don't keep to the left on paths so I'm guessing motorists are safer when cyclists don't use the roads.

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

Sandi you should try my 10 min walk to work after car parking my car.

Every day without fail, bearing in mind there is a cycle lane running to the side of the foot path; dozens of cyclists both ways, interspersed with skateboarders, scooters some propelled by foot and many by mechanical means. Also the competitive runners who refuse to run around you, they try to run over you!

Meanwhile the cycle lane, which was fiercely campaigned for, looks very lovely. with little or no use at all. Go figure?!

I love my journey to work, my senses are so alive by the time I get there 😳
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I love walking along next to the cycle lanes, it gives me a chance to practise my Tae Kwon Do skills.                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

Due to my advanced old age,and failing memory,can somebody remind me if it's still 10 points for a moving cyclist,5 points for stationary ones..??                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2969 seconds. There are 403 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption