Fixed: Homepage slow response

44 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 20/11/2019 19:33:59 by TheSlasher | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

I've fixed the problem with the homepage which made it impossibly slow to use on many mobile phones.

The problem was the complexity of the UK map image and a Chrome bug.

The map is now simplified and loads instantly on all browsers and devices.

You might need to force a refresh of the page to clear the old map out of your browser cache to see the improvements.

Please let me know if you're still having trouble.

Thanks
Matt
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Matt, the fix didn't work for me. I even had to reboot my phone to get to the log in page and it took ages to load.
Would you change the home page back to the notifications page please?
I can't speak for others but I don't use the map and when it was the notification page it worked just fine.

Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

The notifications page is default after logging in.
I think your cache needs updating. Just give it time                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

It's been weeks already ??                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Sandi it as been a problem for me too but as Matt said clean cache.
I'm not sure if you delete the link BM in your bookmarks favourites, Google for BM again and save in your bookmarks again, with that refreshed link will have Matt's solution of a simplified map and also clear the cache at the same time? Only trouble is if I did that my BM link, in the bookmarks page, would end up at the bottom of a large list on my phone and I'd have to scroll right down to the bottom of the list 😠

What I have done though is I have an app from the play store called CCleaner. Did a cache clean with that and now the BM page is loading okay πŸ˜πŸ€”

That helps if you have play store of course. Not sure about your phone πŸ€”πŸ‘
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Hello Mick, thanks for the info, since I stopped using a computer and started using a phone I'm always having problems.
Add to that memory problems and it's quite difficult for me to sort anything out.
A waste of time me getting qualifications in I.T. and computers.
πŸ™„
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I've just cleared the cache etc and hey presto super fast log in, I need a lie down now.
Thanks Matt and Mick                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

Sorry to hear that Sandi. That you could be leaving us ☹️

Problem with phones is the many apps that clog up an Android system. They were much simpler years ago without clutter.
Someone I know who worked on the technical line for a big phone company, once said to me that phones used to have a discharge setting. Which when used helped clear the memory. Worst thing they did was to take it away 😬
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

Sound as a pound Sandi πŸ˜πŸ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

I didn't have a problem on my phone with the site...….until today after Matt started digging around in the 1's and 0's                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

I couldn't log in for 2 days until now, home page frozen....                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

I use the notification page all the time then I can just click on what I want to see, I just leave the phone on that page when I close it down and it's there when I log back on                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

I really have great probs on my phone.... For the first time ever....                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Oh jeez, looks like I can jinx things without being present. Sorry Lynn πŸ˜•                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

Hi Lynn I went a full year without being able to log on till recently then Jackie sorted it out for me and it's all good now                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

I just wonder why I have to sign in every time now when I just stayed signed in before and as it starts off with the home page every time which takes ages to load and then freezes I seem to have to go round a long way to get to the sign in page                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

I've got the same issue today Lynn. πŸ˜•

Not had a problem for ages and now every page opens really slooooowly and then freezes ... Then I get sent back to login page!

Grrrr! It's a tad frustrating 😑😠                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

I had the same problem before but now it's solved. For me when I accessed the site in the homepage, the full map would not load and the site was unresponsive. It would leave the Scotland part out (maybe something to do with brexit) πŸ€­πŸ˜‚
Matt then stated there was a bug with the complexity of the map and replied that he'd simplified it. He then stated to clean your cache.

I used CCleaner app, from the play store, to clean my cache and now everything is fine. You could maybe delete the BM site in your browser bookmarks, search for BM in your search browser, and then save the new fresh link for BM, from your browser into your browser bookmarks πŸ€”πŸ€”
It's worth a try folks anyway.

If any of those ideas don't work, then there's a bug somewhere else πŸ€”πŸ˜¬ Maybe Matt can look at this
Biker lovin Blonde's Profile
Biker lovin Blonde

In: Gainsborough
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

Yep to all of the above... have to keep signing in.. 😳                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Me too... It's a pain ☹️                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5781 seconds. There are 617 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption