How often...??

22 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 01/08/2019 17:59:25 by jinx57 | Go to original / last post
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

How often do you get asked to remove your helmet when you go up to pay for fuel?
Local fuel station (Total) never asked me once in over 25 years...changed to ESSO 2 weeks ago,i went in today to pay for the bike i'd just filled up,and was asked to take my lid off....i'm standing there with Β£20 note in my hand...lol
Do banknote forgers wear crash helmets..??Their loss,i'll go the extra mile to Tesco next time,ditto for filling up the car.:)
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

So what would happen if you didn't take your lid off? Would he not serve you...?? Considering the petrol is already in your bike.... πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

Most petrol stations wont let you draw fuel until you remove your lid.                                                                                                                                                                             
rocker21's Profile
rocker21

In: aylesbury
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Don't have a problem round here, never been asked to do it                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

Nearly all Petrol Stations up here insist that you take your helmet off BEFORE you fuel up. The pumps aren't unlocked unless they can see your face. Same for payment. Nothing unusual. I suppose it's the mad, bad world we live in.

Too many petrol stations held up and staff traumatised by the aggression n violence they experience.

Take ya lid off, fill the bike, pay for fuel, put ya lid on and drive away. It's no big deal. If it's helping staff feel less worried then I can't see an issue.
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Lady behind till merely said "it's company policy",and yet two weeks ago,same lady had no problem when they were Total....seems to me it's geographical too...i experimented tonight at Tesco Stroud,no comment about lid when i went to pay..maybe they're just more trusting in Gloucestershire,but i usually fill up ,with lid on, wherever i go and don't get asked....wonder if i can find a lady who normally wears a burkha or veil to volunteer and see how far this goes...??
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Jinx, I was thinking that myself, would they refuse to serve someone with their face covered, no matter what was covering it?! I'd like to know.
I always took my helmet off when I went to fuel up, too flipping hot with it on in the shop, always a queue.
dubs's Profile
dubs

In: newport
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

stick to your guns on this jinx unless you had a full face helmet as long as they can see your face thats all the cam needs they don ask for the removal of a Hijab.and you cant see a face in them i went through this with tesco and head office says you are asked but its not compulsory to remove open face
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

I only wear full face lids,by choice,but discrimination of any sort is something that jars with me...:/                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

It's been happening for years up here. It's the accepted norm, some local shops do it too, not just petrol stations and supermarkets.

Can't see why it's an issue, it's not as if it takes hours to put it back on. πŸ˜‚

With regards to discrimination, one rule for one, another for others. Yes it gets my goat too.
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Makes even less sense if you've already filled up.
Got told last year to take my helmet off before the pump was activated for the first time ever.
I had enough fuel to give him the finger and go elsewhere so.....                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I live near Dewsbury so a lot wear hijabs, so far I only use 1 garage and not been asked to remove my helmet and they are very polite and make a small conversation, usually about the weather.
I'd be miffed if I was told to remove it and they don't ask anyone else
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well it looks like my answer has offended as my profile pic was changed because my face wasn't clear enough! Even though there are plenty out there with a very similar profile pic to mine!
Apologies if I offended! My forum days will go back to lurking
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

I'll have to start using "George Clooney cuddling puppy" again i think,lol...and you're right J.R.,SO many people do exactly the same thing or even use no pictures,or just their bike...i've not been tempted to add animal ears and nose to mine yet,although that would probably be an improvement,lol
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Hello JR
Some years ago now the members took a vote and the majority voted that all members should have a full face, clear to see, main pic on their profile. It's not to do with being offended. When BM first started it was just a dating site, the majority didn't want to correspond/ interact with a member who either has no pic or one where the face is obscured.

Same applies all these years later.

When uploading photos, to the main profile album, a reminder shows up stating what isn't acceptable.

You can add loads of pics in loads of different albums on your profile.

Please don't stop posting in the forum πŸ™‚
----------------------------------------------------

Quote: Jollyrambler
Well it looks like my answer has offended as my profile pic was changed because my face wasn't clear enough! Even though there are plenty out there with a very similar profile pic to mine!
Apologies if I offended! My forum days will go back to lurking

invalid characters

I can understand that Sandi, but there seems to be little that'll stop people posting pic's of someone else, or using pic's that are 10/15 years old.

This should be on the what made you smile thread, got it on my news feed earlier:-

A male model wanted by police was so unhappy with his mugshot that he offered a more flattering selfie to help with the appeal.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/former-model-who-was-unhappy-with-police-mugshot-offers-more-flattering-selfie-to-help-with-appeal-a4198756.html
invalid characters

PS, I know what you thinking Sandi, but my pic' really was last year, and I am that handsome in real life.

Don't think I mentioned my inherent modesty in my profile though!πŸ˜‰                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I wouldn't mind but the pic I had up originally was from last month, the one that's up now is from 2013......I've not changed much, I'm still as beautiful πŸ˜‚                                                                                                                                                                             
Lulu7's Profile
Lulu7

In: Belfast

I remove my helmet automatically at the pumps, its probably a N Irish thing anyway with the bombs and stuff y'know we been having to ID ourselves to security cameras for years lol x                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

LOL at I.C's post about the male model. πŸ˜‚
Ah, so, you're a mind reader? I think your mind needs eye glasses πŸ˜‰ πŸ‘“                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9688 seconds. There are 555 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption