Expired - no free messages?

4 Posts | Latest reply on 02/07/2019 14:09:55 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

My paid memberships has now lapsed after a couple of years on year, not sure if I fully see the benefit except for unlimited messaging - which is something I've never really done apart from mainly chatting with chums.
The romance side of messaging was a tease, as the ones I do/did like live too far away:)

But speaking of messages, I thought that we got a certain amount of free ones as non-paying members?
But my account says that I've used up my free message limit - but I haven't sent a single pm for months, and then I was fully paid up?
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I was on here years ago, eventually I couldn't post on here either.
I THINK the free messages are cumulative so even if you sent some messages before you paid, they count.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Not sure if it still applies, but a non paying member can message a fully paid one. As long as the message they receive is kept and not deleted then the non payer can send more messages. Hope I explained that without being confusing 🥴
Best to contact Matt, the site owner, regarding this topic, or anything else to do with membership. 🙂
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Hi mate
Just to confirm for everyone...

-Free messages are one-off. Once your account has more than that number of messages on then you cannot send more. Even if the messages were sent as a full member the site sees no difference.
-You can always reply to someone who is CURRENTLY a full member, as long as there's a conversation already going.

Panuno, as it's always a struggle to just keep the site going financially, running adverts and trying to bring new members in - what would convince you to continue to contribute to the site?

My dilemma is that the site needs funds to run, but if I make it 100% members-only then the activity on the site will drop. If I make it 100% for free then activity increases temporarily but the site will die because we can't bring in new members without adverts.

I genuinely cannot find the right balance. I also don't want to cover the site in spammy adverts which make it slow to use

Thanks

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4102 seconds. There are 290 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption