Can anyone help in Holmfirth

11 Posts | Latest reply on 23/06/2019 10:41:32 by JP | Go to original / last post
Fazertracy's Profile
Fazertracy

In: Kidderminster
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Hi all.

I'm visiting family, just wheeled bike into the garage and it's making a weird clucking/thumping noise coming from the rear wheel. Could be chain /wheel not in alignment. I'm stuffed without a paddock stand. Can anyone local help please. Tyia.

Not sure if I can reply to pms, so if you could post here or failing that contact JP and pass on. Hope Matt doesn't mind.
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
87% Karma87% Karma 87% Karma87% Karma

Sorry you are having probs lady, Matt wont mind trust me :)                                                                                                                                                                             
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex

You have to be careful/aware doing this, but if you have access to a car scissor/hydraulic jack, place the front wheel up against a wall, with the bike on full lock and sitting on the side-stand.
Use the jack to lift up the rear of the bike while leaving the side-stand down and in effect "Working" against it with the car jack.
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Careful is an understatement lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

In: sheffield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Pm sent                                                                                                                                                                             
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex

Hahaha, seems a bit iffy the first few times you do it JP but once you get used to it.....................

Having said that, looking back my life consists of lots of "Hold my beer and watch this" moments!

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Careful is an understatement lol

Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

I have a paddock stand and bike jack available.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Thanks Vlad I think she is getting the bike recovered home in the morning poss wheel bearing or swing arm bush issue                                                                                                                                                                             
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

OK JP.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

Only guy I know in area with knowledge and equipment is here in Helmsley, at the FYP with his missus and dawg. Sorry. Hope you get sorted                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Loobyloo is home now bike is undergoing treatment as we speak                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9688 seconds. There are 311 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption