Pillion insurance not standard!

4 Posts | Latest reply on 23/07/2019 22:05:53 by invalid characters | Go to original / last post
Aden24's Profile
Aden24

In: Gloucester
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

In the past 'Pillion' insurance or an additional premium to carry a pillion was never an issue or highlighted by underwriters. Today, however, (apologise now for preaching to the converted or perverted 😏) unless you request 'Pillion' cover it's not included and in many cases you won't get insurance with the pillion option, even on mid-range 650's. Anyone had any issues with pillion rider insurance cover?
Quietman2's Profile
Quietman2

In: FLEETWOOD
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Most Insurance companies now ask if you want pillion cover and charge you extra [in some cases a lot extra] for the privilege of carrying a pillion                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Can pillions take out their own insurance?                                                                                                                                                                             
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Not sure I really understand this insurance logic TBH, I had 2 road bikes on what was meant to be a multibike policy, went to insure a 3rd bike, and they said no only two, ended up SORNing my T120.
Come renewal time I decided to (Reluctantly.) convert my Thruxton for (What I see as occasional use.) passengers.
No extra charge, but they did say at the time of insurance my new 765 Street Triple was by far the higher risk compared with a single seat Thruxton.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.1719 seconds. There are 628 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption