Yet another fake/spam

20 Posts | Latest reply on 29/03/2019 16:03:08 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
smiler 2964's Profile
smiler 2964

In: Telford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

There seems to be a lot of fake profiles and spam messages happening lately.
Had another one this time from a simondorno
Has anyone else been getting them?                                                                                                                                                                             
rocker21's Profile
rocker21

In: aylesbury
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

yes i have had a few, seems they are targeting the slightly older generation in the hope that we will fall for it                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Awww, c'mon R21... It's not just 'older gentlemen', it's across the board.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Yup I had one this morning , told him where to go lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

We keep hearing about spammers in the forums but very few people report them.
By not reporting them first, you give them more time to get their rubbish out and now we will get "I didn't get on so nobody loves me" or "she's two timing me already"
So please let the mods know ASAP if you think you suspect a spammer so we can get them checked and blocked from the site.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'm feeling a little left out here....:(                                                                                                                                                                             
Axle Tramp's Profile
Axle Tramp

In: Diss

I had a con man with a million pound carrot con yesterday I just blocked it. This should not get through really. I could not see how to report it.                                                                                                                                                                             
rocker21's Profile
rocker21

you go to their page and there is a button that says report to moderator                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

The only way that no spammers gets though is that new member are not allowed access to the site until their profile is approved and you would be very peeved off if you was a new member and paid for the year and you couldn't access the site until one of the mods gets home from work, (yes home from work, we are all volunteers) and go though the profiles, which includes members who continually change things within their profiles.
To give you an idea I've gone though between 15 to 20 profiles this morning and over a weekend in the summer when we are all out on our bikes, we can come back to 50 to 60 profiles.
smiler 2964's Profile
smiler 2964

In: Telford

Reported it as soon as I read it before I put post up 👍                                                                                                                                                                             
Jerry tomahawk's Profile
Jerry tomahawk

In: York

I really do feel left out now, can someone explain what they are up too?                                                                                                                                                                             
GreenGoddess's Profile
GreenGoddess

In: Newport
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Hi everyone..
I hope I'm doing this correctly!
I've had two fake scammer both new member profiles... One a lady one day... And then simondorno a man another day.
I just clicked the red report button on their profiles and they've been removed.
Keep a watch out!!
GG 👍
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I think the mods do a fair job on controlling this, almost impossible to block them or go through an approval process.
And most of us should be savvy enough not to get taken in by them at our age.
You can even have a little fun playing with them sometimes......
rocker21's Profile
rocker21

here is another one abovelord434                                                                                                                                                                             
Tezza1958's Profile
Tezza1958

In: Scotter Common
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

You can have a bit of fun with them, I don’t mind them, quite laughable really                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

As Rag has already said we do our best to boot them asap but it does make life easier if they are reported :)

rocker21's Profile
rocker21

All ready did that                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

They don't care if you have a pop at them or try to take the piss out of them (on the phone it is different), they just think that they didn't get the info that they wanted THIS TIME, Plus if they are blocked before they see the reply you have sent all they will have is an email saying they have a PM from BikerMatch, but will not be able to read it, so you are just wasting your own time.
What they do get is the knowledge that they are getting PM's out on this site and will keep coming back to try their luck.
So don't reply to them, just report them.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I had a phishing message from a fake profile a week or so ago. Don't bother replying, report to moderators and block. Sorted (until they fire up a new profile...).                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I,m too ugly even for the spammers.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8008 seconds. There are 1150 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption