Ever missed out on a guest appearance?

2 Posts | Latest reply on 01/03/2019 20:40:15 by Lindsay | Go to original / last post
NotPhilMitchell's Profile
NotPhilMitchell

In: Coventry
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Going back more years than I care to remember, I used to go and watch some good up-and-coming bands at a local pub, The General Wolfe in Coventry. I should add that I was, and still am, a LedZep fan and mobile phones didn't exist! This one night I was due to go but had a heavy cold so gave it a miss. Gets down the local the following night and my mates cheered as I entered. I asked about the welcome. One said "You'll never guess who you missed at the Wolfe last night?" "Who?" I asked. "Robert Plant and some band!". I was absolutely gutted.
Anyone else had a similar experience?
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

Not a guest appearance as such. I went to a gig in York, missed the support band, walked round to merch stand to see who support were, only to find my daughter's mate, Sam stood there, drench in sweat. He asked me if I'd enjoyed the set and I admitted I'd just arrived and asked if he'd been n in the moshpit. Only to be told he'd just come off stage! Little did I know that he'd joined Wayward Sons (Toby Jepson's new band ... Yes TJ from Little Angels!) You could have knocked me down with a feather.

Nothing as good as missing Robert Plant but good to know that young talent still has a chance of making it. He's such a lovely guy, I hope all his dreams come true and more besides!

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.1406 seconds. There are 593 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption